• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Loosening Mi16 Pas Pump

KRISKARRERA

Access is crap, sorry I mean cramped, so can anyone tell me where the bolts are on Mi16 power steering pump please. I neeed to change the belt.

Or perhaps you could draw on this pic where they are.

Thanks

post-2-134540329665_thumb.jpg

petert1345402284

There are two. A 13mm nut under the outlet pipe. The bolt is captive, thus doesn't need holding. The other is the large 16 or 17mm bolt on the other side, which the pump pivots on. Much easier if you take the battery out.

KRISKARRERA

Thanks Peter. Is the pivot bolt the hard to see one on the right when stood be nearside of car?

The other bolt on mine nearest the bit you stick the torque wrench in is 16mm.

JeffR

Bloody difficult to see that pivot bolt. :angry:

I find it helps if you have a small mirror handy. Good to use on the car too! :lol::lol::lol:

JeffR

Yes. 13mm

petert1345402284

The pump pivots on the 16mm. The 13mm runs in curved slot.

snave1345402286

That pump get me freaking.. everytime I had to change the belt on it as it wear it after 2 weeks. I guess that my car has sleep for too long.. ( 1year) and the pulley got rusted.. last saturday was at the mecanic so I pulled out the pump, and with a sand paper I polish it .. lubricate with wd40. same for the pulleyon the engine.. I bought larger belt on put it on.. it works really fine till now. no knocking in the power steering. anyone who need the reference of the belt let me knw :)

Sign in to follow this