• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bluegalaxy1056

Changing The Sunroof Motor, How Hard?

Bluegalaxy1056

So how hard is it to change the sunroof motor on the mi16 phase 1?

The bad boys never opened, jus made a mmmm noise and move a few mm. Now the stupid things started leakin in so i guess time to fix it and sort the leaky stuff out too.

I think the motor problem is to blame becaue i used to hit my old 405 sri sunroof with the button pressed to get it to work :wacko:

Thanks in advance :)

Feeble

You need a new sunroof Pal! :)

Bluegalaxy1056

Well im sure you could be right. I assume it is a common problem on the 405. Gonna have a tinker over this weekend to see whats going on and hopefull have a working one for summer!

danrogers

yeah mine is jammed solid now, its a right bastard lol

Feeble

New sunroof for you both then! :P

The screws always seize up...

stuart.m

I opened mine a while ago and it resisted a bit to start with, so been trying to open it every few days :P replacing it doesnt sound like my idea of 'fun'. Although, cant imagine it being too bad, definetely worth getting it sorted if needs be!

KRISKARRERA

The trouble mine's got is the seal is bulging, so it catches unless I grease it nicely. Pug want £72 for a new seal. Thanks but no thanks. Seeing as I've got aircon I'd remove the lot if it wasn't such a pain to get the headlining out.

In the late 90s many manufacturers gave up on sunroofs and started offering aircon more. Actually I think the aussie Mi16s were sunroofless.

Guest serrento405

need to fix mine it tilts but dont want to slide,ill over haule it all my screws have come un done,it worked mint then one day it would only go back 5 inc ,git lol,a job for a warm sunny day me thinks :blink::D

Feeble

It's not that bad a job... If there's two of you it should go fine! :)

It's finding a working one that's the hard part! ;)

Guest serrento405

i no where there are a few,just need a warm dry day lol

KRISKARRERA

I think in late phase 2 they revised to design slightly which made it more reliable. A bit too late Mr peugeot!

Guest serrento405

I went to a Peugeot dealers to day to pick up a brand new tail gate id won for a friend, he came with me as I had got it for the barging price of a £10,when we got there the chap got the boot out and was like right thanks then,im thinking don’t you want the tener for the boot, I all so remembered seeing that this dealer had a set of new sun roof cables on e bay and they didn’t sell at 99p so I asked him about them and pushed my look and asked if I was able to have them for 99p to which I was politely told no but a £5 would suffice and told that these where in excess of £140+vat new and that when the 405 was in its prime they did fit up five kit a month as the roofs would lock up, so ive got the kit to fix my roof and a new boot together full list price well over £500 all for a fiver what a day lol,just fort id share my roof barging :D

Edited by serrento405

cybernck

^ have you ever bought something that wasn't a bargain? :blink::D

KRISKARRERA
and that when the 405 was in its prime they did fit up five kit a month as the roofs would lock up
Yeah and it took them far too long to sort that out!

Guest serrento405
have you ever bought something that wasn't a bargain

not if i can help it nick :P

Sign in to follow this