• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RaulM16

How To Achieve 180 Hp?

RaulM16

First of all i would like to salutate to everybody as this is mi first message.

Sorry if my english is as good as yours is, but im from spain.

Going to the topic:

The Issue is that i'd like to achieve 180 Hp in mi car, the last dyno i did said 152 hp so the car has lost some power as it has 18 years old and 173.000 km.

I have red something about PeterT inlet cams.

My engine is the D6C so i think i have 10,4 of Compression Ratio.

Is this the only Mod i need to gain up to 180 hp?

Does my engine need to rebuilt as it gives 152 hp at this moment?

Thanks

petert1345402284

Hi,

I'm not sure how you measure 152hp, but you'd have to assume it's a bit tired after 173000Km. In Australia, it's more common to measure power at the wheels. As a reference, here's some examples from the dyno I use.

Standard GTi180 - 95-97kW

XU9J4 Motronic 1.3, my Stage I inlet cam, no cat - 93Kw

Same engine above, but with aftermarket ECU and LS1 coils - 101kW

XU9J4 Motronic 1.3, Stage I inlet cam, cat - 88Kw

GTi6 - 85-87kW

XU9J4Z Motronic 1.3, Stage I cam, cat - 84kW

XU9J4Z Motronic 1.3, standard - 75kW

XU9J4 aftermarket ECU, Stage II inlet, 45mm TB's, big valves - 113kW

Hope that helps.

RaulM16

Yes,

I know that in the states and in australia is very usual to measure power at the wheels in KW.

We usually make the same measurement and then measure the lost of power through the gear box, with both number we estimate power at the flywheel.

So, you mean that a standar 180gti usually gives 95-97 Kw and with these i would have to modificate the inlet cam and something more to achieve almost 100 KW at the wheels.

Actually i have to ECU's but i don´t know if the Motronic 1.3 is a standar ECU (are you refering to the 3 files ECU instead the 2 files? could you please illustrate me a bit more about this issue?), for sure i would have to fit your stage I cam, but i don´t have any information about aftermarket ECu (is this the chip or a complete ECU? do you have any link with more information?) and finally LS1 coils (again, do you have any link where i can read more about it?).

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure how you measure 152hp, but you'd have to assume it's a bit tired after 173000Km. In Australia, it's more common to measure power at the wheels. As a reference, here's some examples from the dyno I use.

Standard GTi180 - 95-97kW

XU9J4 Motronic 1.3, my Stage I inlet cam, no cat - 93Kw

Same engine above, but with aftermarket ECU and LS1 coils - 101kW

XU9J4 Motronic 1.3, Stage I inlet cam, cat - 88Kw

GTi6 - 85-87kW

XU9J4Z Motronic 1.3, Stage I cam, cat - 84kW

XU9J4Z Motronic 1.3, standard - 75kW

XU9J4 aftermarket ECU, Stage II inlet, 45mm TB's, big valves - 113kW

Hope that helps.

petert1345402284

Motronic 1.3 is the 3 row ECU, with part numbers ending in 158, 161, 354, 355 etc. They all have a knock sensor. 354 and 355 don't have a lambda sensor.

I'm in the process of developing a chip to suit the Stage I and II cams. It will be available to suit both 2 and 3 row versions. I'm road testing it now.

The LS1 coils are fitted to GM V8's. They have a built in ignition module, so only require +12V, GND and a signal from the ECU. They often come up cheaply on eBAy. Here is a link to a place that sells them new:

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/index.php?cPat...efe03c70931bd02

Aftermarket ECU's include brands like Motec, Haltech, Autronic etc. They fully replace the standard ECU. The main benefit being the ability to remove the air flow meter.

snave1345402286
Motronic 1.3 is the 3 row ECU, with part numbers ending in 158, 161, 354, 355 etc. They all have a knock sensor. 354 and 355 don't have a lambda sensor.

I'm in the process of developing a chip to suit the Stage I and II cams. It will be available to suit both 2 and 3 row versions. I'm road testing it now.

The LS1 coils are fitted to GM V8's. They have a built in ignition module, so only require +12V, GND and a signal from the ECU. They often come up cheaply on eBAy. Here is a link to a place that sells them new:

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/index.php?cPat...efe03c70931bd02

Aftermarket ECU's include brands like Motec, Haltech, Autronic etc. They fully replace the standard ECU. The main benefit being the ability to remove the air flow meter.

Emerald Ecu also is a gud one , interesting about what you said, I'm planning to remove the air flow meter coz I wanna put a compresor on My Mi16. Need more info before proceeding to the compresor installs

Sign in to follow this