• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Front Hubs

Jer309GTi

I had a bent hub on the n/s/f of my 405 (due to dodgy wheel bearing fitting), and so I went to the scrappers and got one off of a base model 405 (phase 1 n/a derv). After fitting it, the n/s/f wheel looks like it is sticking out more than the o/s. Would the base model hubs really be a different offset? Can't imagine they would be....

KRISKARRERA

Hmm. Personally I've no idea but sounds like a cool upgrade Jer!

welshpug

I think the only hubs that would be different would be the TU engined ones, which are very rare.

do the brakes bolt on ok? if they do there's no difference at all in the offset....

Jer309GTi

The brakes all fitted fine. Now that I've taken it for a good drive and the suspension has settled (it was jacked up for ages) and I have the tracking done I shall check and see what it's like when its light

Sloppy

as welsh pug said if the ofset was different its likely that the brakes would not have fitted, why not beasure the inner rim from the shocker that should give a good idea

Jer309GTi

Very good point I'll give it a go :)

Sign in to follow this