• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
snave1345402286

Air Filter And Exhaust Manifold.

JeffR

Do you have any more pics of the strengthening bits?

As mine aren't yet fitted, I'd like to re-inforce it someway. I noticed it's had some welding up in the past near where the flange & pipes join.

Thanks,

Jeff

snave1345402286

Hello all,

MiCRO - yes these are 17" rims.. I always like big rims.

B1ack_Mi16 - Thanks for the details.. in between do you have throttle bodies on ur engine ? amazing hp !!! respect !

snave1345402286

Amazing !! great job.. !

snave1345402286

A guy from Highflowheads told me if I put an supercharger kit + intercooler + stand alone ecu I will stand about 250bhp ? what you think ?

Edited by snave

snave1345402286

Anyone can help ? about the supercharger on Mi ?

snave1345402286

here another pics of the tropical Mi16..enjoy

KRISKARRERA

Well done, I've been trying to get women to do that for years now! :lol:

rodionski
A guy from Highflowheads told me if I put an supercharger kit + intercooler + stand alone ecu I will stand about 250bhp ? what you think ?

+1 That would be my question as well.

In fact, I am pondeing such a project to gain around 250 hp without lowering the compression ratio.

Any pros and cons?

welshpug

its very possible, theres a guy on 306gti6 woners club that has developed a kit to fit the XU10J4RS, the block is identical, and the head has the same port spacing so its only down to wether the ECU can cope with it, the Gti6 ecu can with a remap.

snave1345402286

Yo, finally we talking about it, Some friends of mine running turbo japs told me that it would be better to get an stand alone ECU as "emerald" to get a proper management of the mixing ration and use full potential of the compressor, It make sense, my other question is, do I have to change the pistons ?for 250 bhp ? mean put low compresion pistons? as for the compresor kit I wud fit an intercooler to it so as to gain boost. What do you think guy ?

rodionski
its very possible, theres a guy on 306gti6 woners club that has developed a kit to fit the XU10J4RS, the block is identical, and the head has the same port spacing so its only down to wether the ECU can cope with it, the Gti6 ecu can with a remap.

Our local guru sais that up to 250 hp it's not necessary to lower the compression, and stock pistons can well withstand up to 300 hp.

Will have to feed it 98 gasoline only, though.

The ECU will have to either be changed or overridden, and the AFM will surely have to be trhown out of the system and changed to a more capable meetering system.

snave1345402286

Our local guru sais that up to 250 hp it's not necessary to lower the compression, and stock pistons can well withstand up to 300 hp.

Will have to feed it 98 gasoline only, though.

The ECU will have to either be changed or overridden, and the AFM will surely have to be trhown out of the system and changed to a more capable meetering system.

rodionski- Do you have a link I can check the 250 compresor pug, U r rite I've not taken into account the air flow meter, so got to find a solution for it

snave1345402286
the cheapest options of them all would be to get Megasquirt - a cheap and effective mappable engine management system :).

http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-ph8

cybernck, you are a mad scientist :lol: all my friends here in Mu stay amazed by your project 205 Mi32 .. Do you think turbocharging wud be better than a compresor ? have u added an intercooler ?

cybernck

turbocharging is definately more flexible (you can very easily change boost levels)

and if you don't lower the compression ratio, you won't really have bad off-boost

performance like turbo cars normally do.

you can see we used a chargecooler, but we're going to swap it for an intercooler.

but i posted that link primarily to show you the Megasquirt system.

p.s. a few people over on 205gtidrivers.com are adding superchargers onto their

Mi16 (and other) engines, so it's worth a look.

snave1345402286
:) Thanks cybernck ! will check.. thanks a lot !

Sign in to follow this