• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mazzy

Slow Car?

mazzy

just a quick question would my car run like pants if i only put unleaded in it or do i need lead addertive? its a 1.9.

thanks mat

Feeble

All Mi16's run on unleaded... Use Hi-Octane for best results! :)

Miles

Just stick anything in it, If it's a Mi16 most can run on 92 octane

cammmy
Just stick anything in it, If it's a Mi16 most can run on 92 octane

My owners manual says do not use less than 97 octane

KRISKARRERA

Yeah the owners manual will say that because the official line from Peugeot was that those before, wait for it, drumroll please, chassis number 70000000 aka those without a knock sensor aka those runnning ML4.1 Motronic should only use our super unleaded which is 97 ron isn't it? If it's a 1991 H reg onwards you'll have the knock sensor.

However, the magazines from the time say it will tolerate 95 unleaded, and so many have used it without problems. It does feel marginally better on high octane stuff like V Power though it's all so expensive now.

petert1345402284

DFW's will run quite happily on 91 (RON) but go much better with 95+. D6C's with Motronic 4.1, won't tolerate less than 95. They ping on 91. They definitely go best on 97+. Luckily I've never been in a position where I've had to put 91 in my D6C with M1.3, so don't know if it will ping or not.

welshpug

my 2.0 loves VPower :ph34r:

Edited by WELSHPUG

S@m

The octane ratings do differ from country to country but i thought that the aussies had the same as ours, anyway, its due to differences in the way the rating is calculated, in the UK (and i thought Australia aswell) we have a RON rating (research octane number) but there is also the MON rating (Motor octane number), in the US and some other countries they take an average of the 2 to calculate octane, and RON is usually about 5-8 points higher. I would go into it more but its pretty boring stuff.

Sam

Sign in to follow this