• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesLeMans831345402285

Running Cold?

JamesLeMans831345402285

Certainly better than the alternative of running hot but still. 35 Miles to work and pretty much no movement on oil or temp sensors unless I get bogged down in traffic.. I'm starting to think along the lines that my thermostat is stuck open so the path to the radiator is always open? Cant be too good for the engine running that far cold? Plus I dont get any heat in the cabin on these cold mornings, I actually hope for a bit of heavy traffic to warm up lol!

Sloppy

yea i would say almost certainally thermostat, 306 td's ones always fail at around 90k the rubber seal falls off!

stuart.m

thermostat does seem the logical explanation, easy enough to test!

JamesLeMans831345402285
thermostat does seem the logical explanation, easy enough to test!

Forgive my ignorance but how do you do that? :) My approach would be take the radiator cap off, run the engine and see how long it takes to get wet...

stuart.m

if you take it out you can see if its open/closed. putting it in a pan of boiling water and you should be able to see it opening, althought if yours is jammed open nothing will happen...

JamesLeMans831345402285
if you take it out you can see if its open/closed. putting it in a pan of boiling water and you should be able to see it opening, althought if yours is jammed open nothing will happen...

Cheers,

Havent had chance to look yet but ordered new one as theyre cheap as chips anywho Partno: 133826 £13.64 + 89p for gaskett (Phase 2).

Sign in to follow this