• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Breather Hose Condensation

ryan13961345402285

Does anyone elses car suffer badly from a build up of creamy gunk in the breather pipes? Mine are filled with the stuff. Any way of reducing or eliminating it on 405's?

KRISKARRERA

It's normal on these engines now that it's getting colder here. Over on the 205 forum you always get questions about it. I clean mine out periodically. Obviously it's not good stuff if it blocks the breathers. I've also removed the wire gauzes from the cap and the oil filler bit that the cap goes into. When they get old and fall to bits they can drop little bits of wire into the oil which is never a good thing to happen. People usually say the car could do with a good blast at high speed but I've never found this to help much, though obviously it's good idea to go for a long drive now and then if your car only gets used locally. Only time I've managed to get the engine to clean this gunk out was burning around a local wiltshire villiage in 2nd gear at very high revs which caused the oil to get so hot there was no way in the world any condensation was going to build up.

ATLEG

A friend of mine has a 406 2.0 turbo which had a lot "cream" in the breather hoses during the winter.

After chipping the ECU, his car runs 8 degrees Celsius higher, and it doesnt "cream up" anymore!

Don't know if the higher turbo-pressure or higher water-temp or something else makes the difference. Just a tip.

Sign in to follow this