• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesLeMans831345402285

Hard To Get Into First

JamesLeMans831345402285

As the title really, sometimes its a bugger trying to get it into first, usually when staring at a green traffic light, can sometimes wiggle it in but mostly have to let go of the clutch and go again a few times. I can only describe as it feeling like I'm hitting a wooden block. Theres no crunch whatsoever and seems to happen randomly. Any ideas?

*Edit* Sometimes happens when down changing to second from speed

*Edit 2* Sorry posted in the wrong section, should be in service and maintenance

Edited by JamesLeMans83

Jer309GTi

First thing to do would be to change the gearbox oil if it hasn't been done for a while. Is the clutch adjustment ok?

JamesLeMans831345402285
First thing to do would be to change the gearbox oil if it hasn't been done for a while. Is the clutch adjustment ok?

I had the clutch cable checked when recently serviced. Tho the bight does seem high to me, but this is not only Mi I have driven so nothing to compare to. Certainly don't feel heavy and I'm driving 75Miles a day.

ryan13961345402285

Could be oil or clutch related as said.

Could also be a worn gear linkage?

Sign in to follow this