• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazzaD

Really Dim...

GazzaD

My headlights dont appear to be working correctly, they seem stuck on dim/dip if you turn off the ignition the side lights are ok turn on the ignition and the headlights come on to dim/dip but switching to dipped beam has no effect. I've checked the 2 green relays and both are working. Any ideas?

welshpug

If as you say that dim dip and sidelights work and the relays are fine it must be the light stalk.

GazzaD

Further investigation has revealled the main feeds that go through both the lighting relays had corroded away (the place where they sit was about 4" deep in water as was the ecu!) on the relay terminals, however when I short this wire to the other side of the relay (in effect by-passing the relay), I still have no head lights. I have side lights and main beam (only on the h4 bulb) no dipped and no main (on the h1 bulb).

The light switch on the stalk is working because it switches the relays in and out. Any ideas? is there a fuse or something I'm missing? Oh i'm an electrician, so I did check the obvious like the bulbs!

GazzaD

Finally fixed it. Replaced both relay holders and relays now I have lights! Its so nice to be able to go somewhere and not worry if I'm gonna get home before it gets dark!

Mr Teflon

I'm having the same issue - this is great info Cheers!

Was just about to go and buy a HID kit, but I'll sort this first :)

Sign in to follow this