• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James504

Fitting Brembo's

James504

Does anyone know if I have to change the Master cylinder. I know the 205 has a 23.5 mc but I dont know about the 405. If I do, what m/c can I use as the 405 is angled.

Cheers,

James,

petert1345402284

I'm currently using a 22mm m/c on my 205 with Brembos. It works fine. They're a bugger to bleed however. But get that right and the plunger clearance to a minimum, you'll get a sensational pedal.

James504
I'm currently using a 22mm m/c on my 205 with Brembos. It works fine. They're a bugger to bleed however. But get that right and the plunger clearance to a minimum, you'll get a sensational pedal.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing peter, I've got no problem with the travel as you say it gives a good feel. Unlike a short and hard pedal. We were bleeding magics brembo's today....I know what you mean.

cybernck

205 GTI has a 20.6 mm M/C and you MUST change it when fitting Brembo's.

405 Mi16 should have a 22.2 one, which may be fine, if a little long.

405 T16 has got 23.8 like top of the range 306/Xsara and it's spot on!

not too difficult to bleed (do the inside half then the outside half), easier than the rear calipers anyway ;).

and a little plug - i've a pair of brand new calipers for sale if anyone's interested :).

Sign in to follow this