• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Exhausts

ryan13961345402285

Hi all,

the stainless system on the Mi16 is way way too loud for my liking (it is VERY boomy), and I was wondering what does a standard system sound like? Is there any sort of a nice note from it?

I was actually thinking of fitting a diesel middle pipe and standard back box since the derv models don't have a silencer in the middle pipe. Would this be possible or are the diesel exhausts compatible?

I'm led to believe that aftermarket exhausts do very little performance wise and that the standard setup is pretty much spot-on. Is this true?

Edited by ryan1396

JamesLeMans831345402285

Don't know the answers myself but am in a similar situation, got a silly fartbox on the back of the exhaust so going to chop it off towards the end of the month and revert back to std. I do have the center silencer but it dont seem to make much difference with the box box farting at full shout!

I have the same considerations tho, I still want to hear *somthing* when I put my foot down! :P

The thing I dont like about the std box is it appears to be totally concealed with the downturn it has?

Interested to any responses to this one!

Edited by JamesLeMans83

Feeble

You'll still hear something, I wouldn't worry! :)

petert1345402284

This is my recipe. I've used it several times and everyone else who has used it has also been impressed. The key is getting enough volume in the rear muffler.

pipes - 2.25"

front resonator - 2.25" x 12-14" long

rear muffler - 2.25" ID, 6" OD x 23-25" long

JamesLeMans831345402285

Just ordered a brand new original pug part backbox off fleabay for £25 + post :) I'll have it on within the next week or so an report back!

ryan13961345402285

You English guys are lucky. Exhausts on ebay cost a fortune to get shipped over here

cammmy

Pretty sure I have a standard getup on my 4bie, at low RPM sounds like a lumpy diesel but over 4000 it's the best 4 cylinder I have ever heard

Jer309GTi
This is my recipe. I've used it several times and everyone else who has used it has also been impressed. The key is getting enough volume in the rear muffler.

pipes - 2.25"

front resonator - 2.25" x 12-14" long

rear muffler - 2.25" ID, 6" OD x 23-25" long

Those dimensions are almost identical to the aftermarket performance system I have on my car

JamesLeMans831345402285

Got the std back-box on now, sounds nice and quiet when cruising with a nice grunt when pushing. Car revs much more freely compared with the box box that was previously on, not sure if it was branded etc, It did sound like maracas when it came off tho!

Bonez

the best system i had on my 405 was a standard system but with the centerbox taken out!

so it was cat and back box only now that sounded sexy! not loud whats so ever just a little rasp to it

got a center box on now and she is silent may take the middle box out again in the near future tho

JamesLeMans831345402285
the best system i had on my 405 was a standard system but with the centerbox taken out!

so it was cat and back box only now that sounded sexy! not loud whats so ever just a little rasp to it

got a center box on now and she is silent may take the middle box out again in the near future tho

I can see that, my center box is in atrocious condition and shes developing a nice rasp, gota cone filter as the std on needed replacing anyways which gives the engine note a nice growl when pulling over 3,500 too :)

Idriz
Hi all,

the stainless system on the Mi16 is way way too loud for my liking (it is VERY boomy), and I was wondering what does a standard system sound like? Is there any sort of a nice note from it?

I was actually thinking of fitting a diesel middle pipe and standard back box since the derv models don't have a silencer in the middle pipe. Would this be possible or are the diesel exhausts compatible?

I'm led to believe that aftermarket exhausts do very little performance wise and that the standard setup is pretty much spot-on. Is this true?

You guys are so lucky out there, theres nothing for this car here in the states. Im dieing to get an exhaust, im about to tell my wife lets take a vecation in france or uk and at the same time pick up an exhaust use it as an excuse haha

then im also thinking of geting it custom done, any suggestions !

rodionski
Hi all,

I have a full stock system without cat. It sounds fairly well above 4000 rpm and is pretty quite on idle and up to 3500. Above 5000 and with short free-flowing air filter it does sound somewhat sporty ;-)

Taking into account the fact that the stock no cat system is not at all restrictive (the mid resonator is a straight pipe and I am guessing it is used to help fill the cylinders with more air), I would not bother changing it at all for road use. For track use I will probably have a straight pipe back box with a removable muffler insert.

Guest kcoombes

I just been to collect a tubular manifold from Torque Technique and after a long chat they talked me into getting a system custom made aswell. Taking the car back tomorrow to have it all made up and fitted, i told them i want it quiet enough to live with but a nice sound when i boot it. Shall update tomorrow with the results!

Sign in to follow this