• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Coil Resistor?

Jer309GTi

Next to the coil on a P1, there is a small black box with a green wire coming off of it. Is this some kind of resistor to stop radio interferance, and will it matter if it is not connected? Reason I ask is the wire has snapped on mine. I think I have a spare somewhere, but just wondered if the car would run ok without it.

KRISKARRERA
Reason I ask is the wire has snapped on mine.

Hehe exactly the same thing happened to me! I've never replaced it. I'm not sure what the hell it did because the car doesn't feel any different.

Jer309GTi

Cool, cheers Kris. I think all it is is a noise suppresor, but if it doesn't make any difference to the running of the engine, that'll do me :)

ryan13961345402285

It's a capacitor I think. You can get them for a couple of quid in a motor factors

KRISKARRERA

I really do not understand the point in such things.

If I removed the afm from my car it would not work. But I kill that thing and car still works. So what was the point of it in the first place??

petert1345402284

UK may not be large enough. Drive out of town on an AM radio station and wait for the noise to appear.

Sign in to follow this