• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Car Speakers

cammmy

Hey Guys. Just looking at possible speakers and what-not for my 4bie, and was wondering.

1. What size speakers are in the front doors?

2. What size speakers are in the rear shelf?

3. The original tape player (broken when I got it) pulled straight out with no screws or anything. All the leads had already been dissconnected by the previous owner So I was wondering, is the head unit supposed to screw into place or has it just not been re-secured?

4. Did they move the rears into the back doors on the phase 2? If so how hard would it be to replace those interior panels with phase 2 ones?

Also I prefer clean sharp bass over massive amounts of mud, so I was contemplating putting 2 6.5" subs into the rear tray along side the speakers already there (room permitting) can anyone see a peoblem with this?

Will appreciate all answers.

Cheers

Jer309GTi

All I know for definate is the front and rear speakers are the same size on a 405 ph1, as I have swapped mine front to back.

Don't see why you couldn't fit small subs to the rear shelf. It's made of metal so should be solid enough.

Are you fitting a standard radio back in, or an aftermarket one?

KRISKARRERA
All I know for definate is the front and rear speakers are the same size on a 405 ph1, as I have swapped mine front to back.
Tell you what though, for some reason on my car the rear speakers have too much depth to fit the front! Bloody irritating.

Jer309GTi

Is that standard speakers Kris? I have aftermarket ones

petespug405mi16
Yeah they're standard speakers.

found some standard 405 front door speakers in my garage the other day

cammmy

Don't see why you couldn't fit small subs to the rear shelf. It's made of metal so should be solid enough.

Are you fitting a standard radio back in, or an aftermarket one?

Cheers for the reply.

Fitting a new one, the original was a tape deck and the previous owner neglected to mention it's brokeness until it was being shipped. Got some 6.5" Kenwood 3-way' 50RMS/200peak, so I assume/hope they will fit in the front doors without a lot of modification. They were on clearance at work for $69 (about 23 quid) So I assume/hope they will fit in the front doors without a lot of modification. What brand are the OEM speakers in the front doors on the P1?

Jer309GTi

All of the standard speakers fitted to mine, an early 1992, were made by Goodmans - including the tweeters

cammmy

Took a look in the front door, low and behold no speakers!!! something else that the dude must not have known about (*sigh*). So that's where those Kenwoods are going. I just bought a Kenwood KDC-M6024G and am looking at a Kenwood 4 channel 50RMS per channel amp, so if all goes to plan I will have an all Kenwood system to begin with (not neccessary but a nice novelty).

If I get the amp too the system will begin life as

4 6.5" 3-way Kenwood Speakers

2 standard tweeters

a Kenwood 4-Channel amp

and the Kenwood KDC-M6024G head unit.

Any thoughts?

Eventually I would like to get a 2-channel amp aswell and get those 2 6.5" subs in the rear tray

would 4" speakers fit in the dash where the tweeters are?

Sign in to follow this