• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Quick Question About Alternators

Ryan

Do all 1.9 mi16 alternators have 5-groove pulleys?

I've just bought one from ebay and it only has a 4-groove like the 8v models, and I want to make sure before I give the seller what for. :angry:

KRISKARRERA
Do all 1.9 mi16 alternators have 5-groove pulleys?

I've just bought one from ebay and it only has a 4-groove like the 8v models, and I want to make sure before I give the seller what for. :angry:

Genuine Mi16 alternators yes.

Ryan

Thought so. :angry:

Fecking typical. I have to wait 3 weeks for it because the fool doesn't have Paypal and it takes him a fortnight to cash a cheque. Then it turns up and it's a generic refurbished item that looks like it'll fall to bits if you breathe on it, it doesn't fit, and it probably has a sh*tty 40amp regulator. :angry: :angry: :angry:

KRISKARRERA
:( I had one on my car a while. And then luckily Miles had a proper Mi one for sale.

Jer309GTi

Thats the trouble with bloody eBay, there is a lot of rubbish for sale on there that is made to sound good :(

KRISKARRERA

yes, it's too easily open to abuse. One could have a car part that is dead and put it on ebay, and then when the buyer complains it doesn't work you just claim it was working when you had it. I'm not sure what the ebay proceedure is in such a situation.

Ryan

If it was at least an Mi16 alternator (as claimed) then I'd put the poor quality down to experience. But the fact that it's completely wrong in every possible way is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Sign in to follow this