• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest turbolag

Rear Brakes

Guest turbolag

OK, I got rear calipers, cleaned, rebuilt with new seals (a nightmare to source!), and repainted. New rear discs, pads and oodridge hoses. Yum. Plan was to replace the rear brakes in their entirety and wile it was all apart get some new bushes machine for the rear beam.

Problem is - corrosion. And corrosion. With a bit of stubborn corrosion thrown in.

The rear flexi hoses are corroded to the brake pipes. I've been soaking everything in Rost Off for 2 weeks, but no luck. I am faced with having to replace the pipes rearward from the brak bias valve (above the beam), and the short lengths of pipe hat sit on the rear beam. That is asuming I cn successfully undo the pipes from the brak bias valve body :blink:

Any ideas or tip, or am I just gonna have to bit the bullet and get jiggy with the hacksaw?

ryan13961345402285

Had the same problem with my 205 last year. Everything got damaged trying to remove them due to corrosion.

You can get new quality hoses for 3 or 4 quid each on fleabay. Shouldn't be too hard a job to make new copper ones. Bit of a pain though

Sign in to follow this