• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mi16Lemans

A Couple Of Things,,, Possibly Related..

Mi16Lemans

OK bear with me..

I realised the other day that my main beam doesn't work when the headlights are on, they work with the lights off and when the sidelights are on but NOT when full beam is on.... from memory when the main beam is on,, is it "pull back for on, then pull again for off" ??

I replaced a coulple of the bulbs on the back of the intrumant cluster this evening and found that a couple of wires have been cut and a link put from one wire-to-the cut two (the circuit board end) so ive got two pale blue/purple wires comming fron the loom of the car but they have been cut from the cluster.??????

Does anybody know if this may be the reason that the main beam doesn't work or is their some kind of control box somewhere that controls the on-and-off toggle motion.?

......Also my headlamp washers dont work when the lights are on, is this a common problem.? and if so where should I be looking to fix them, could this be related to the main beam problem or is it a subject for a compleatly different post/thread...

Many Thanks..

..Tony..

welshpug

right the lightsa go like this;

off

sidelights (which when ignition is on also illuminate dipped beam at low power)

dipped beam

pul the stalk to flash/switch to main beam

pull stalk to go back to dipped.

sounds like a relay problem.

Sign in to follow this