• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Window Sills Too High

cammmy

Hey Guys. The interior sills on the doors of my 4bie are all sitting too high (in the picture). Had a look and on the sills there are rubber strips that are supposed to lock into two rubber strips on the doors (like holding a strip of paper between two fingers if that makes sense) I pushed the sills down so that the rubber in the door should grip the rubber on the sills and hold it there but no joy. Any one had this problem and managed to fix it?

Sorry about the bad explanation

KRISKARRERA

Ah. That problem. I've got that too on one of my rear door cards. Not sure why it happens though.

cammmy

I think the rubber loses it's grip, maybe if I clean the dust and dirt out it will grip again, but who knows

KRISKARRERA

I can push mine into place so that it stays there but as soon as the door is slammed shut it pops up again! :rolleyes:

cammmy

maybe its a job for super glue?

KRISKARRERA

Yeah lol and hold it in place with a suitably sized piece of wood.

cammmy

hehehe. Where abouts is Wiltshire? I'm from Doncaster but my family moved to NZ when I was 5, Was back in England for April this year though.

KRISKARRERA

Well Doncaster is north east of England isn't it? Wiltshire is in the south of England and to the West just a bit. I don't come from Wiltshire though, I'm Devonshire born. Oooh arrr! :lol:

cammmy

Don't really know the geography of England as I was only scooled there for two years. It's in South Yorkshire

Feeble

I've had the same problem on all of my 405s :rolleyes:

cammmy
I've had the same problem on all of my 405s :rolleyes:

Never managed to fix it? Do you think it's too late to get Peugeot to make a product recall lol?

KRISKARRERA

Looks like a nice place you have there.

Whenever I think of New Zealand I think of the Peter Jackson film "Bad Taste"!! :lol:

Sign in to follow this