• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Power Steering Pumps

ryan13961345402285

Just wondering is there any difference in power steering pumps across the 405 range? ie is the Ph1 Mi16 one specific to the Ph1 Mi16 or will for example a ph2 turbo diesel one fit?

Thanks

Edited by ryan1396

Ryan

As long as it's the type that mounts on top of the gearbox and not near the alternator then the pump itself will be the same. You just need to swap over the mounting bracket (or use a different belt).

lee-bg

Only 1,9 16V Mi16 have the pump mlunted above the gearbox and is driven by belt from exhaust cam.

the other 405s have pump on the front side of the block driven by a belt around the Alternator. Mi16 phase2 too is on the alternator side.

Cheers.

KRISKARRERA

I've got a feeling the 205 TD has it's pas pump in the same position as the 1.9 mi too.

Ryan

It does, and some 405 TDs too. The mounting bracket between the pump and gearbox is different on the TDs though as it also holds the vacuum pump.

Mi16Lemans

Hi guys..

as were on the subject of power steering pumps.. does anybody know EXACTLY what I should ask for at the main dealer for a power steering belt for a P1 I went in the other day and the guy said that he couldn't find out unless I had the chassie number then gave me a look which said "I cant be botherd so please will you bugger off" does anybody have to hand maybe the part number.????

KRISKARRERA
Hi guys..

as were on the subject of power steering pumps.. does anybody know EXACTLY what I should ask for at the main dealer for a power steering belt for a P1   I went in the other day and the guy said that he couldn't find out unless I had the chassie number then gave me a look which said "I cant be botherd so please will you bugger off"     does anybody have to hand maybe the part number.????

456912 :D

P.S: Don't forget to let us know how much that is, I think I need one.

Edited by KRISKARRERA

Ryan

£9.59 + VAT according to public.servicebox.peugeot.com

KRISKARRERA
£9.59 + VAT according to public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Thanks dude. Hey how are you getting prices from there?

Ryan

You can register an account free if you say you are a private individual. You can then look through all the parts listings for anything you want. Then cut+paste the part number into the shopping basket and you'll get the price.

KRISKARRERA

Ahh I didn't realise it was so easy to get the price up!

Mi 16 Kenno

I can get these for £7.20 posted!! pm if intrested as had to sort one for the sri as it has mi power now :)

KRISKARRERA
:lol::lol::rolleyes: I've PM'd you about those. Mines dying quickly! :angry:

Mi 16 Kenno

Is there anyone else wanting one as I can sort them for this weekend?????

Mi16Lemans

I'd take one if it isn't too late, the local main dealer is being..... well a typical main dealer when it comes to an older car :angry:

petespug405mi16

last time i did my power steering belt on 4bie i had to use a smaller belt as the one the parts place gave me was to long and couldnt tension it they were sure it was the right one and said anything smaller wont fit lol were theres a wil theres a way

Mi 16 Kenno

Have both belts for you guys if you wanna check your pm`s I have left details of how to pay.

Cheers guys

Mi16Lemans

Just checked my message box.. I'll get a cheque in the post tomorrow..

Thank you..

..Tony..

Mi 16 Kenno
Just checked my message box.. I'll get a cheque in the post tomorrow..

Thank you..

..Tony..

Recieved today. will post when cleared.

Mi 16 Kenno

Your welcome bud, Have you put it on yet? can be tricky I know but done mine in end using a bar a a lump hamer lol.

Tony aka Mi16Lemans did you get yours fitted??

KRISKARRERA

Hehe nope, tis still siting in the living room! Wet days and early nights have not made for good car fiddlings. But yes it looks like a pain to fit. I shall consult Haynes.

Jer309GTi

Once you have fitted a new belt a couple of times its pretty easy really. First time is tricky though... From memory Haynes helped a bit

Sign in to follow this