• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Help Please

ryan13961345402285

Right folks,

last week I contacted Eurocarparts and gave them all the details of my rear ABS sensor (Bendix part number, Pug part no. etc) Package arrived today and they sent me a bloody Bosch sensor. The magnetic part is a totally different design than the Bendix one. It fits the loom etc ok, but I'm wondering is it compatible with my Bendix additional setup? Its my understanding that the Bosch setup was only on the Phase 2 cars

Thanks

welshpug

check the part numbers on the box.

does it fit??

ryan13961345402285

Its a different part number than mine. Mine is Bendix and the one these clowns sent me is a Bosch (it even says 405 93-on on the box and I told them mine was a 1992 model) Seems too big for the hole on the hub anyway and I won't be forcing it to see if its going to fit

Guest pugmt

The bosch and bendix systems have different amounts of teeth on the driveshafts as well...

ryan13961345402285

Thanks guys. I didn't chance it so I sent them a rather sharp email and they told me to post it back to them for a refund. Looks like I'm going to have to get it from the main dealer at £150

JamesLeMans831345402285
Thanks guys.  I didn't chance it so I sent them a rather sharp email and they told me to post it back to them for a refund.  Looks like I'm going to have to get it from the main dealer at £150

Forking hell £150!? I managed to wangle the local staler down to £140 for a pair of front sensors (bosch ones mind)

ryan13961345402285

Ah but you live in England! The miserable feckers over here barely budge when it comes to money!!

Sign in to follow this