• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Sunroof Modification

Jer309GTi

I was thinking what to do about the broken sunroof on the H reg, and also the fact that I need more headroom as my head touches the headlining.

I had the idea that I could get the headlining from a non-sunroof 405, and an aftermarket sunroof from a 205 or similar and fit this in the gap made from removing the standard (broken) electric sunroof. Does this sound do-able? The only problem I can see myself is getting a headlining off then on my car and making a neat job of it, and finding a sunroof that fits the gap perfectly.

Any opinions/suggestions please?

KRISKARRERA

I've thought of doing this many a time, more headroom, less to go wrong, weight saving etc. What puts me off is filling the gap.

Jer309GTi

Thats the thing, if you can find a sunroof the same size as the hole then I can't see how fitting it would be a problem

KRISKARRERA

I'd like a cherry red plastic section to fit in there with a bumpy Peugeot lion in it.

Feeble

Otherwise I have a spare working roof :P

Sign in to follow this