• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest turbolag

Guinness Induced Ramblings

welshpug

IIRC Miles can get a tubular manifold to fit this engine, but I'm not sure if itll fit in this car!

Sloppy
The 6 has a far superior exhaust manifold, fit a tubular item to an Mi and you'll get a fair bit more grunt out of her, I know of an S16 that I've had a ride in, which is totally standard bar a larger bore downpipe and decat exhaust and its hit 171bhp on the rollers many times and a few different places, mine has made just over standard with a catback :D

woooo, i bet a thicker down pipe will work well with other breathing mods such as the gti inlet, might ring powerflow and ask em what the damage would be on a thicher down pipes :unsure:

KRISKARRERA

Am I right in saying the 2 litre Mi exhaust manifold doesn't have the 8-4-2-1 set up like the 1.9?

welshpug

not sure, I know the S16 has a 4-2-1 closer to what the 8v 205 uses as I've got an engine on a stand in the workshop, and I'm sure my 405 has the same.

Jer309GTi

The S16 and ph2 Mi engines are identical arent they? So would have thought manifolds would be the same

So does the 2.0 Mi not have 8 exhaust ports like the 1.9 then?

petert1345402284
The S16 and ph2 Mi engines are identical arent they? So would have thought manifolds would be the same

Yes, the manifolds are identical.

So does the 2.0 Mi not have 8 exhaust ports like the 1.9 then?

http://www.taylor-eng.com/16v_head/16v_head.htm

nope doesnt fit!  stud and port pattern is very diffferent :(

It can be done. Just a lot of work.

http://www.taylor-eng.com/conversion/conversion_parts.htm

Sloppy

would you have to mod the chassis to fit the gti inlet manifold with your 'wedge' then or would it drop in and fit ok with the xu10 engine in a 405

the xu10 manifold is just a big cast lump, dont look to tragically poor design wise but aint a patch on the gti6 one...

Edited by Sloppy

petert1345402284
would you have to mod the chassis to fit the gti inlet manifold with your 'wedge' then or would it drop in and fit ok with the xu10 engine in a 405

A friend of mine tried to fit them into his Mi16 using one of my wedges on a XU9J4 but had problems with the ARB. I'm really not sure how it would go. Fits beautifully into a 205 however!

welshpug

Isnt the XU10 a fair bit taller? so if the same wedge was used I think it would be fine.

Sign in to follow this