• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart.m

Texalarm ?

stuart.m

Hi,

The plastic around the steering column etc has been a bit loose since i bought the car, there was a few screws missing out of it, so i thought id take it off and have a look as somebody has obviously been in there before. Theres an alarm unit in there - its labelled texalarm. Originally there was 2 multi-plugs connected into this, one is still connected but the other one is lying loose, with a wire bridging 2 of the pins of it :mellow: ... i took the wire out, car wont start, so its obvious why its been done :D My best guess is that the alarm packed in.

questions is... is this a standard alarm? As theres an LED on the dash near the heater vents i guessed would have been for an alarm but it never flashes. Also, everything works fine so im just going to make that join between the two pins a bit more permanent (bit more safe :P ), but im curious so does anybody have any info about these units?

Cheers

Stuart

PICT0056.JPG

PICT0054.JPG

PICT0061.JPG

Edited by stuartm

Jer309GTi

It definately looks like a Pug wiring plug, and the sticker is in French so I'd say it was either standard or a dealer fitted option. I haven't got any of that on mine which has a Pug alarm, but mine is a Phase 1 so guess they were different

petespug405mi16

thats defo a standard fi phase two alarm unit. my phase two mi had the same alarm is ment to set when you lock the car with the remote key fob my alarm was a bit hit and mis as it would arm but wouldnt go off if you opend the door with the key like it suposed to do or if it did go off it would just flash the indicators

stuart.m

well it must have been disabled for a reason so im going to leave it like that. glad i found it though, if i hadnt its guaranteed that one day that wire would come loose, the car wouldnt start and it would have taken me a long time to find that probably.

KRISKARRERA
thats defo a standard fi phase two alarm unit. my phase two mi had the same alarm is ment to set when you lock the car with the remote key fob my alarm was a bit hit and mis as it would arm but wouldnt go off if you opend the door with the key like it suposed to do or if it did go off it would just flash the indicators

My June 1992 phase 1 had that too.

JamesLeMans831345402285

My Lemans has the same, but my plip wont work, can these keys be reprogrammed? I've tried all that turning the ignition to a and holding down the plip for 30 seconds lark. Any Ideas, sorry if this has been covered already.

stuart.m
My Lemans has the same, but my plip wont work, can these keys be reprogrammed? I've tried all that turning the ignition to a and holding down the plip for 30 seconds lark. Any Ideas, sorry if this has been covered already.

No the remotes cant be reprogrammed. To be honest, the infra-red locking was rubbish, on my car anyway. I bought one of these wireless remote locking kits off ebay and wired it in place of the original infra-red receiver, and its about 1000 times better :D

Jer309GTi

Mine is pretty crap, you have to hold the plip practically right by the window before it'll unlock, and thats with brand new batteries

JamesLeMans831345402285

No the remotes cant be reprogrammed. To be honest, the infra-red locking was rubbish, on my car anyway. I bought one of these wireless remote locking kits off ebay and wired it in place of the original infra-red receiver, and its about 1000 times better :D

Sounds good, what brand is the wireless doodad from ebay please? Cheers

stuart.m

Sounds good, what brand is the wireless doodad from ebay please? Cheers

it was one of these that i got, the remotes feel a bit cheap/flimsy but it all works a-ok.

Although, theres loads of kits like this on ebay and im sure they could all be made to work easy enough.

Sign in to follow this