• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesLeMans831345402285

Exhaust Fun..

JamesLeMans831345402285

Got a silly fartbox of a backbox I inherited with the car. Went to ATS to get it back to standard today, new backbox and possible center pipe. Only problem is the dosey b***ard who worked on it previously has welded the center pipe to the cat rather than clamping it. ATS reckon they can't split the weld so wanted me to get a cat as well. I quickly jumped in the car and sped off after them mentioning £240 something for the cat box. Is it really such a difficult job to split these welds? Or anyone know a cheap source of cat's? Anyone had experience ofthese? Reckon they would allow me to run without a cat? Don't particually believe the claims myself but hey if someone wants to prove me wrong it would make my life easier :D

Jer309GTi

Can't you just grind the welds off and split the pipe and cat?

JamesLeMans831345402285

Would have thought so just need to find somewhere to do it for me as i have no way of hoisting the car nor any experience of metalwork.

Sign in to follow this