• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Mi16x4 Where To Start Upgrading?

cammmy

Hey Guys. My series 1 4bie at the moment is stock standard with no performance mods. What would be a good place to start to increase performance? I was thinking about lower front springs or a K&N 57i Intake kit. Is there a better place to start than either of these two? Keep in mind I don't have huge amounts of cash to spend and I really don't want my insurance company to cancel my policy.

Cheers

Cam

Baz

Decent tyres, suspension, brakes, only then the power upgrades. You can lower the front a little, and drop the back easily to match as you say for a little handling advantage.

Induction is really up to you, K&N etc won't make a huge difference, i'd save the cash, unless you get one cheap, and get one of PeterT's inlet cams. Really anything more and you're talking more major work so bigger money tbh.

cammmy

It says in the manual it has an anti-roll bar. Is this what they mean because I don't have one of these?post-325-134540324591_thumb.jpg

Feeble

That's a strut brace

www.strutbracer.co.uk ;)

cammmy
That's a strut brace

www.strutbracer.co.uk ;)

Yeah thought so, just wanted to make sure.

cammmy

The mechanic put Federal ss535 tyres all round in 195/55 r15. Are these tyres any good or should I look for something else next time?

Cheers

Baz

Afaik Federal's are a bit of a budget brand tbh.

cammmy

Yeah I didn't choose them, I wanted some Potenzas

Sign in to follow this