• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

Quick Question

pete1986

I have a dfw mi16 in my 205 with a knackered ecu. Ive been told the dfw ecu's have a knock sensor and d6c mi16s dont. Will a d6c ecu work ok?

Jer309GTi

Not sure if they are compatible but the later D6Cs had knock sensors, ECUs ending in 355, and possibly others.

At a guess I would say they would not be compatible

KRISKARRERA
I have a dfw mi16 in my 205 with a knackered ecu. Ive been told the dfw ecu's have a knock sensor and d6c mi16s dont. Will a d6c ecu work ok?

Which idiot told you that?

Yes you can use an ecu for a D6C engine but you'll need the D6C wiring loom.

Baz

Surely just any 3row setup would do?

KRISKARRERA

True but would the "knock only" 3 row ecu detect the lack of lambda when using a loom that has the wire for a lambda sensor.

Probably not actually. :lol:

Baz

Don't be silly, that's too technical for our fiendish old french technology! :lol:

pete1986

My mistake... it is the ecu with the lambda sensor.

Anyway, i can now confirm the D6C ecu does not work in a DFW :angry:

The D6C ecu that was thought to be dodgy worked fine in another mi16. So now iv either got to find one exactly the same as mine (which, lets face, is not going to happen) or get my one fixed.

I have been told about THIS place. Anyone else used them?

Edited by petemi16

Baz

I've heard good things from other that have used them, a few guys have on the 205 forum i think. :)

KRISKARRERA

Obviously shipping might be a bit pricey but maybe you could hop over to the Aussie frogs forum and ask if anyone's got a spare one there.

pete1986

Emailed the-ecu-doctor last niight and just got an email back saying they do not have any parts for an ecu that old!

Aussie frogs forum is a good idea, ill try now

Edited by petemi16

pete1986

Turns out the original ecu was for a 405 GRi!! Could explain why it didnt work! lol

Sign in to follow this