• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LouisK

Ngk Spark Plugs In A Mi16

Guest LouisK

Hi all

I am in Sydney Aus and new to Mi16 world having picked up my new pride and joy two weeks ago. Its a series 2 1994 spec and I am absolutely enjoying it.

Its in great order and has been well serviced with a full dealer history and currently has 209,000km on the odo. No major issues other than the clutch cable which was really stiff. New cable in, and its all good.

I have a couple of queries and would appreciate some advice as I am about to give the car a service:

1) I have always preferred NGK spark plugs and in my other cars and plan to run a set in the Mi16. Any issues in doing this or should I stick to the Equiym plugs? Also, any body tried the NGK iridiums in their car?

2) Is it mandatory to use the genuine oil filters on the Mi16s or will an equivalent with an anti-drain back valve be ok?

3) Getting a coolant smell when heater is on, which might indicate a weeping matrix. Plan to add some Bars Stop Leak this weekend by tipping into the radiator header tank and taking for a drive. Anybody tried this?

4) The little fan in the climate control sensor in the dash is noisey on mine. Any fixes for these?

would greatly appreciate your advice.

thanks

Louis

KRISKARRERA

Welcome Louis,

1)I've never tried NGK iridiums plugs but I've often used the standard NGK plugs without a problem.

2)Here in the UK we have retailers such as "EuroCarParts" and "GSF" who can supply oil filters such as the Purflux oil filter, which is basically identical to the ones Pug supply, but alot cheaper. I assume you have something similar out there. Maybe one for the Aussie members to answer?

3)All 4 of the Pugs I've owned stink of coolant when blowing warm air in. Maybe they all had slightly leaking heater matrixes (what's plural of matrix?! :lol: )

I wouldn't put any stop leak in until you're 100% sure there's a leak - some say that stuff does a nice job of clogging up the radiator.

4) Hmm, not sure about this. Do you mean the small temperature sensor in the dash? I didn't know they had a fan!

Jer309GTi
(what's plural of matrix?! :lol: )

Matrices is the plural :P

Welcome to the forum Louis, can you enter your location into you profile please :)

Sign in to follow this