• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Rear Abs Sensor

ryan13961345402285

Hi folks,

anyone know a "cheap" source for rear ABS sensors? I was removing one today to clean it and the bloody thing broke into several pieces :angry: Does the sensor from any other car fit?

Thanks

JamesLeMans831345402285

When I was looking for the front ones recently, I tried a number of places online with no joy, ended up getting them from the pug garage. Wangled them down a little bit as they are 'aged stock' but yeh not cheap at £60 each. When I rang they said the abs senors and ecu are unique to the car, tho I did see something on aussie froogs suggesting the number of teeth are the same on a 306 gti-6

ryan13961345402285

Forgot to mention its a Bendix sensor. My car is one of the last Phase 1's so how hard would it be to remove the ABS completely?

Jer309GTi
Forgot to mention its a Bendix sensor.  My car is one of the last Phase 1's so how hard would it be to remove the ABS completely?

A lot easier than the early Bendix system. Have a search for ABS threads, it's been covered quite a lot on here :)

ryan13961345402285
A lot easier than the early Bendix system. Have a search for ABS threads, it's been covered quite a lot on here :)

Couldn't find anything about it in any of the other threads. Hope this isn't gonna end up costing me a fortune cos I'm completely broke at the minute with MOT fast approaching. Are phase 2 sensors the same?

Jer309GTi

Theres a bit mentioned in here:

http://forum.405mi16.com/index.php?showtopic=83

If you have the later additional ABS then it shouldn't cost a lot to remove the ABS. A few copper brake lines and a bit of brake fluid should be all you need to buy

ryan13961345402285

Think I might have repaired the sensor (it was the plastic shroud that sets into the hub that was broke along with some of the copper wiring from the sensor) However I'm told the ABS light needs to be reset. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Sign in to follow this