• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

One Touch Window Switches

ryan13961345402285

Hi folks,

all of a sudden the one-touch electric window switch on the drivers door stopped working. Checked the fuse etc and stripped the switch and cleaned it but its made no difference. Anything else I should be looking for? Are Phase 2 switches the same?

Jer309GTi

I'd imagine there is a relay for it somewhere, might be worth seeing if you can find one and checking it?

Guest badboyracer3500
Hi folks,

all of a sudden the one-touch electric window switch on the drivers door stopped working.  Checked the fuse etc and stripped the switch and cleaned it but its made no difference.  Anything else I should be looking for?  Are Phase 2 switches the same?

ph1 and ph2 switches are different sizes, already tried this myself

ryan13961345402285

Got it sorted. Pulled the door card off and there's a relay unit (made by Bitron) behind the door pocket. Cleaned the contacts on it (they were covered in silicone grease which was very dirty) and put fresh silicone grease on it and hey presto!

Feeble

I've had to start pressing it hard for it to work recently! :angry:

Jer309GTi

It is a handy little gadget, I'd be lost without my one-touch window switch lol. My g/f always moans because she hasn't got one on the passenger side :rolleyes:

Feeble

Could you fit one to the passenger side..? :unsure:

Jer309GTi
Could you fit one to the passenger side..? :unsure:

Don't see why not... Can't imagine the wiring would be that hard to sort.

Baz

Personally sometimes i find them a PITA!! Unless you're used to them i always touch it a bit just to crack the window open a tad and end up opening it all the way!!

stuart.m

the one-touch window is essential, id be lost without it now :D

KRISKARRERA

I had one of these on my old J reg Mi16 and it stopped working so I went to Pug to ask about how much a new one would be... about £36 if I remember correctly!

They seem to have been introduced around the time the knock sensor started so about 1991 H reg.

Feeble

Do you think it would be possible to fit an extra one in the drivers door for the passenger window, as well as one on the passenger door? :D

stuart.m
Do you think it would be possible to fit an extra one in the drivers door for the passenger window, as well as one on the passenger door? :D

definetely possible, wiring shouldnt be hard, going to look into it :P

Guest serrento405

ive had the wiring made up for some time just a case of fitting it lol

Guest P Zero

Funnily enough I was thinking about this the other day, while trying to close all the windows and sunroof simultaneously (impossible).

One touch sunroof button perhaps? The wiring can't be that much different from the windows, but I would imagine finding a place to house the relay might pose some problems.

Sign in to follow this