• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLENF

Lumpy Idle

GLENF

As some of you are aware im due to pick up a G plate 4be on Sat. I still am having concerns regarding this. I have received a reply to a question I asked regarding running lumpy.

The reply I got was.."hi, it runs lumpy at idle an has developed a missfire up to about 2500 rpm i think its the air flow sensor"

Can anyone shed some light onto this,I have been advised so far that it could be..

worn dizzy cap

rotor arm

idle mixture if lumpy at idle

maybe headgasket problems

ignition coil or ignition module(althought these usually cause a missfire?)

worn ht leads, etc.

Any help, advise would be great, as I am having doubts now. :(

GLENF

15 views & no reply? I go to collect it tomorrow!! If I don't like the way it drives the owner is going to scrap it after selling the engine!

Guest badboyracer3500
15 views & no reply? I go to collect it tomorrow!! If I don't like the way it drives the owner is going to scrap it after selling the engine!

Sorry never had this prob so would'nt know where to start

KRISKARRERA

Defo sounds electrical. Thing is though things like spark plugs, dizzy cap & rotor arm, and Ht leads probably all need replacing anyway unless there's proof that it's been done recently. My engine has a slight hesistation and misfire at part throttle at low revs and I've been wondering about the AFM too.

GLENF
Defo sounds electrical. Thing is though things like spark plugs, dizzy cap & rotor arm, and Ht leads probably all need replacing anyway unless there's proof that it's been done recently. My engine has a slight hesistation and misfire at part throttle at low revs and I've been wondering about the AFM too.

Cheers Kris, was worried it could be terminal/engine /head problem. I don't know mi's yet esp the 4be's. :unsure:

Sign in to follow this