• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy

Help Cant Bleed Brakes Up On 2.0 Mi16

Sloppy

read the other thread on this but it gavce me no clear pointers as to what people actually did to get there brakes back, mine were spot on with very little trave and having bleed them ALL up with the engine running and not i cant get a good pedde back, any help advice would be greatly recived!

Guest turbolag

It can sometimes take ages, like 20 minutes, of pumping to start getting a firm pedal agin if you've done a full on fluid change.

Other problem could be a worn master cyclinder. as you brake normally the piston shaft (oo er matron!) travels only a few mm. Over time the action of the seals rubbing on this section will wear it fractionlly. Then, when you try to bled, the shaft is suddenly lipping in along its full length(!) and past the microscopily worn section, and this action can be enough to kill an otherwise good, but high mileage master cylinder.

Good luck feller.

welshpug

have you taken the rear calipers off and turned them so the nipple is upwards?

and have you jacked up the trailing arm to make sure the compensator on the axle is open?

dont forget to stick a block of wood or similar in between the pads.

Sloppy

i got it much better but its still not as good as when i swapped the brake lines!

Sign in to follow this