• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesLeMans831345402285

Abs Sensors

JamesLeMans831345402285

HI There, been watching the forum for a while but only just signing up as I'm getting the beast back on the road now :D

Got a LeMans (No. 457, I think..) and putting it through the MOT has revealved dead front abs sensors. My trusty mechanic is doing his best to clean em up and get them working again. Just wondering if anyone knows the part number of replacement sensors (if they are available still..) or any other vehicles which use the same type, I did glance through something that suggested same parts on the 406?

Also I'm mildly tempted with the Brembo 4 Pot conversion, just wondering if anyone knows if they will fit under the 16" Nimrod alloys from the 206 etc?

Any Help is Appreciated.

James

Sloppy

get the 406 turbo brakes straight fit cheap as chips to get hold of and use a 285mm disks so much bigger than std

Jer309GTi
get the 406 turbo brakes straight fit cheap as chips to get hold of and use a 285mm disks so much bigger than std

They fit straight on the car but not under standard wheels!

gingerscotsman

What year is your LeMans?

I have the parts catelogue but the picture of the ABS is missing unfortunatly.

Ring peugeot and ask. Probably part nos 4545.60 and 4545.61. The catelogue says they are made by Bosch so you could try them too.

Let us know what the cost in the end and if you get them anywere else!

JamesLeMans831345402285

Thanks for the replys :) I have spoken to my local pug garage who have them for just under a hundred squid each :blink: I'm too poor for that lark tho, maybe I should try a different car! chuckle. I've seen some new ones for the 406 on fleabay for about £40 tho so that why I was kinda oping they would be compatible. (any ideas?)

Cheers for the part no's Will see what I can do with them.

Just hope it is only the sensors and not the abs ecu!

James

PS: its a '94

JamesLeMans831345402285

OK so managed to wangle the local dealer to £59 for the new sensors, hopefully that will be the end of it.

The ABS ECU which is no longer made is listed at 1084+VAT :blink: any ideas for sources for these parts remanufactured/refurbed, just incase? Or is this going to be the same on other 405 models with ABS of the same year so I can pilfer one from the scrappy?

Had to knock the brake upgrade on the head for now with the cost of ABS repairs so ordered starndard discs n pads, seller on Ebay has Mintex set up brand new for £30 for the front set. This is pretty cheap right?

Parts numbers for the ABS sensors where confirmed by peugeot at 454560

The ABS ECU part no is 454108 if its ever any use to anyone.

Sorry for all the q's I've ordered a parts CD so will stop pestering soon enough :)

gingerscotsman

Thats good news on the sensors. I still think a Bosch or vehicle electrical dealer might do cheaper though. Was it £59 for both or each?

Try this place for your ABS module.

BBA

Still not cheap though, best bet might be scrappies for that one.

Parts CD is very handy!! :D

JamesLeMans831345402285

Yeh £59 each unfortunately, couldnt get hold of the bosch part numbers and need it sorting asap so bit the bullet, at least I can be sure they're right.

I came across that bba site and it looks interesting if steep, again tho I couldnt figure out the part no's. Going the scrappy on thursday anyways, so if anyone knows if the ABS ECU is standard across the range I might pick one up to try and refurb even if mine is ok.

My mate in work told me his "fix" for the abs on his accord - wire the abs lamp up to the wire for the oil lamp in the loom. Flashes on engine start-up then goes off MOT = Pass :rolleyes:

JamesLeMans831345402285

Ok so the day the sensors arrive from the damned abs decides its working again ( I think I'm begging to see the 'character' of this car :rolleyes: ). Now I have 2 unneeded sensors..think I will keep them for future use tho. Ah well at least the mot is passed, just got a cam belt change to do and back on the roads.

gingerscotsman

Good and bad news I suppose. At least you have spare ones now though. If they have went once it probably only a matter of time before they go again. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this