• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JOHN89MI16

Turbo Mi16

JOHN89MI16

I came across a website earlier that can turbo most peugeot engines. They are based in the netherlands.

There website is http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/index.php

Copy and paste it into your address bar if the link doesnt work and let me know what anyone thinks or if anyone has had work done by them before because im so very tempted to go the bank tomorrow and get a loan to have it done.

I meant to put this in the performance and upgrade section. Oh well its to late now. Sorry

Edited by JOHN89MI16

cybernck

i know the owners - they've started off as knowledgeable enthusiasts and taken it a step further.

as you can see from the pics, the quality of their work is excellent, with (proven) performance to match.

what sort of kit/setup are you interested in?

JOHN89MI16

I dont know much about turbo's and what sytems are good or bad but having 200bhp or more would be great because ive got used to the power my car has.

At the moment im unable to find out how much a full conversion would cost because i need to convert it into pounds first but i want the full conversion including the intercooler, decompression plate etc.

On there website it doesnt give the full price for everything needed to do the full conversion so ive got to add it all up.

Do you know of anyone to have done a xu9j4 mi16 turbo? If so how much did it cost and what power figures are they turning out?

Jer309GTi
I dont know much about turbo's and what sytems are good or bad but having 200bhp or more would be great because ive got used to the power my car has.

At the moment im unable to find out how much a full conversion would cost because i need to convert it into pounds first but i want the full conversion including the intercooler, decompression plate etc.

On there website it doesnt give the full price for everything needed to do the full conversion so ive got to add it all up.

Do you know of anyone to have done a xu9j4 mi16 turbo? If so how much did it cost and what power figures are they turning out?

Dont forget the engine management will cost a fair whack too. The kit from DP looks like very good value for money though. I have looked into this as an option for mine but can't afford it right now. Haven't ruled it out for the future though :)

JOHN89MI16

The biggest problem i have at the moment is to decide if i want to keep my mi16. I know that sounds bad but i spend every weekend fixing my car due to new faults devoping and when you work on cars 6 days a week like i do its the last thing you want to do.

Dont get me wrong, i love the car because its amazing when its running well but i need this car all the time to get to work and i need it to be reliable due to working 25 miles from home and i dont want to give up my job either because its going to be hard to find another job that lets me fix my car in works time all the time.

Thats why i started looking around to see what it would cost to have a rebuild/modification or if its to expensive then as a last resort cut my losses. :(

If i had the space i would take it off the road and turn it into something so special that i would never sell it like a turbo phase 1 mi16.

My mate has a rover 620 turbo and i can keep up with him at a push so if i had it done i would leave him in my dust :D

Also is it possible to put the xu9j4 engine on throttle bodies or carbs and still turbo it?

Jer309GTi
Also is it possible to put the xu9j4 engine on throttle bodies or carbs and still turbo it?

Yes it is :) You will need carbs that will allow air to be pushed through rather than sucked through, but not a big problem

KRISKARRERA

What kind ofthings are up with it that keep needing to be done then?

The engine itself must be ok if you're keeping up with a 620 turbo.

JOHN89MI16

The engine is touch and go at the moment because i sit in alot of traffic on the way to and from work and only the other week i lost all the water in the engine and radiator because it all turned to steam because the fans decided they didnt want to work so i hope i havent done any permanent damage.

As a result of that happening my car seems slower and it makes a high pitched noises when i give it some welly like a grinder thats only just touching a metal surface. Also the hydraulic tappets have started to be really noisy since the incident but i havent lost any water or had any oil mixture which i find really strange because i thought it might have been the headgasket but i tested it with a leak detector and it was ok and the fans now work which i didnt fix. <_<

Also ive had 3 starter motors in the past 12 months, 3 batteries, an alternator, 4 anti roll bar drop links and the list just keeps on going and ive only had it a year.

It really is wearing me down and the Mot is due soon. It took 4 attemps to pass last time.

Oh well, i think the turbo option is sounding a good option because it will give me the incentive to rebuild the engine.

Sign in to follow this