• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Does Your Car Vibrate At Idle?

KRISKARRERA

At idle the interior of my car vibrates quite a bit. Well the dash and the steering wheel do anyway. If I just increase the revs to say 1250rpm it stops! Does anyone else get this? My previous 2 405s didn't do this.

I might take a pic of the bottom engine mount to show people because I've a feeling it might be an uprated item

kutija1345402283

If the steering wheel is shaking at idle usually the upper engine mount needs to be changed.

Baz

Noticed it before with other cars tbh, certain revs causes more reverb etc. Can you pick the idles speed up slightly to stop it? or drop it?

Jer309GTi
If the steering wheel is shaking at idle usually the upper engine mount needs to be changed.

Or you drive a diesel! :P

KRISKARRERA

Why does a diesel do that then?

Jer309GTi

Engine vibrates more due to a lot higher compression (Or something like that!)

Jer309GTi

Seriously though, if you have an uprated bottom mount this will make the interior rattle a fair bit.

My steering wheel and glovebox shake at cold start idle, and the sunvisor shakes at normal idle. And usually around 6500rpm in third there is a strange rattle from the centre console :D (I have full grp N engine mounts btw)

KRISKARRERA

My head's been skimmed 2, maybe 3 times so it's probably higher compression than 10.4 to 1 anyway.

Has a standard bottom mount got holes in the rubber?

There's no rattles when engine is cold or if the aircon is switched on because both those conditions raise the idle. It's when it's warmed up and idle drops to 850 that it starts.

Miles

I think I may have used a hard rubber one,

KRISKARRERA

Is that why my car is so fast then?

Jer309GTi

:lol: We'll have to go for a drive soon Kris so I can see just how fast this Mi of yours is! Last time I tried chasing you I was at a bit of a disadvantage in the diesel 306 :blink:

I bet if you went back to a standard bottom mount you would definately tell the difference. The car feels so much nicer to drive with uprated mounts, you would never believe 3 lumps of rubber would make such a difference

Feeble
There's no rattles when engine is cold or if the aircon is switched on because both those conditions raise the idle.

I thought aircon being on made the revs drop? :huh:

Jer309GTi

The ECU raises the idle a little when the AC is on so as the engine doesn't stall

Feeble

Hm. My revs dropped today when I put it on :rolleyes:

KRISKARRERA

:lol: We'll have to go for a drive soon Kris so I can see just how fast this Mi of yours is! Last time I tried chasing you I was at a bit of a disadvantage in the diesel 306 :blink:

I bet if you went back to a standard bottom mount you would definately tell the difference. The car feels so much nicer to drive with uprated mounts, you would never believe 3 lumps of rubber would make such a difference

Yeah I thought the TD would be quicker than that really.

Must ask Miles what a hard rubber one is, does that mean group n or something??

My revs rise to about 1000 when the aircon is switched on.

Sign in to follow this