• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
triple_a_motorsport

What Company Made The Transfer Boxes

triple_a_motorsport

Just out of interest, what company made the MI16/T16 transfer boxes? Was it Dangel? Just a thought as another vehicle of some description must use the same box, or simular box same internals. otherwise it would have been far too expesive for them to produce in such few numbers, also if this is the case, then it might be easier to find parts, as they are no longer available through peugeot.

Guest pugmt

Peugeot made them in house as they do most of there components of this type, they have there own very large specific production facility in france just producing gearboxes and engines etc:

Miles

I always thought it was a Puch item

Guest pugmt
Just out of interest, what company made the MI16/T16 transfer boxes? Was it Dangel? Just a thought as another vehicle of some description must use the same box, or simular box same internals. otherwise it would have been far too expesive for them to produce in such few numbers, also if this is the case, then it might be easier to find parts, as they are no longer available through peugeot.

Just as a matter of interest, what parts are you after?

I have a few transferboxes kicking around and i am also in the process of having some modified input shafts made up along with the gearbox output shafts..

triple_a_motorsport

I have a few transferboxes kicking around and i am also in the process of having some modified input shafts made up along with the gearbox output shafts..

That is exactly the part i'm after! As is always the case it has stripped the slines.

Where are you getting yours modified? and how are you modifing them?

Cheers Alan

Roland1345402284

I am also in need of these (stronger) shafts.

Have you got a price?

Guest pugmt

I don,t have a price yet, the gearbox crown wheel carrier shaft and the transfer input shaft are at the engineering company as we speak, being costed. the modification that we are looking at is to increase the length of the spines aprox 3" extra, to give a greater surface area for the splines, as soon as i know of a cost for the pair i will let you know.

Baz

That sounds very interesting, you may have a group buy on your hands if you're prepared to commission some more being made! :)

Jer309GTi

And if there is a cheap(ish) definate fix to this I may have to look out of an Mi16x4 to add to the fleet, as the price of transfer boxes is what put me off getting one.

(That'll please the G/F :D)

triple_a_motorsport

Anymore news on this? Have you had it back yet?

Guest pugmt

Sorry for the delay, I spoke with them yesterday and they have said they would get back to me with definate prices next week some time, apparently they are very busy at the moment.

imaS

I've got this kind of shafts going to my Mi16x4. Made from old broken shafts by replacing the splines. Similar shafts are used in tuned T16s with no problems, so those in stock Mi16 should last "forever".

How you are going to increase the length of the splines? Which shaft grows longer?

Guest pugmt

The shaft mounted into the gearbox grows longer with an increase in the sline length in the transfer box input shaft.

you say that you repair the old shafts by replacing the splines, i enquired on this method, however i was told it was not possible to weld the hardened transfer box input shaft. Is this correct.

Please let me know the method you have used and if these repaired shafts are availiable.

imaS

They are cut, welded and then machined. I haven't made them myself, I bought them. Try "contact us" form at that site.

Guest pugmt

many thanks i will try that then, they do look the part though.

Guest pugmt

I am still waiting for a relpy from the engineering company on this, however they have said that if we order 5 or more then the price should be under £350 a pair. I have also looked into the possibility of just having the splines made and then rewelded onto the existing shafts, the feed back that i have had is that there is no issue with doing that and the splines would be considerably cheaper that making a whole shaft. As soon as i know more i will give you an update.

Baz

There was a guy on the 309 forum abroad thats had some shafts re-splined for a 4x4 309 project he's building, i should ask for more info! :)

That sounds good, better than the first price you said! Look forward to the updates!

Guest pugmt

It would be interesteing to fine out what the guy did on the 309 forum as you say, the company i approched with the transfer shafts decided that they did not what to proced with the shafts so that was that. however not to be detered i asked a friend of mine to look at them only to find out that his sister company specialize in spline cutting, in fact they make shafts for Ricardo FF. If you don't know who Ricardo FF are then they make the shafts and drive shafts for the majority of F1 cars apparently. Any way they are looking at what i want to acheive and have said no problem in making them better but they could not understand why the shafts have worn the way they have as they are of an excellent design. There thoughts are poor materieal spec or poor tolerances, or lack of lubrication. They should come back to me with some idea of price in the next week or so, so i will update you when i have some more information.

imaS

I think that the original shafts won't last long because water and dirt can go directly to splines. Shafts what I took off from my mi were very rusty. Now I will seal holes between transferbox and gearbox.

cybernck

yep, that's the main reason why they give up really (the shafts)!

Guest pugmt

Ok then

I now have the cost to cut the splines on the shafts, have worked out the modification ( will be similar to the ones on the origional shafts with F1 style splines, will be about 3 times as long and will be double sealed with lubrication holes for the splines).

i am waiting on the cost for the manufacture of the shaft blanks and the hardening process.

i will keep you informed when i know more.....

Guest turbolag

DES developments do repairs to these, though it'll naturally cost more than having a pop yourself.

triple_a_motorsport
Ok then

I now have the cost to cut the splines on the shafts, have worked out the modification ( will be similar to the ones on the origional shafts with F1 style splines, will be about 3 times as long and will be double sealed with lubrication holes for the splines).

i am waiting on the cost for the manufacture of the shaft blanks and the hardening process.

would be really interested to know the costings for this, sounds like they will be pretty damb good after they have finished with them, i want mine for a track car so it will be taking some stick so obviously dont want them stripping themselves half way around the track!!

triple_a_motorsport
Ok then

Bringing this back into life, but did you get this done in the end pugmt (sorry unsure of your true name) i would really like to know the costings etc if you did.

Cheers

Borntobewild

Some company in finland makes them voor 900 euro or someting.

If you want I can give you a email adres of the Dutch 405 Expert who nows this company.

cybernck knows him :)

Sign in to follow this