• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart.m

Idling

stuart.m

HWell, the car has been a bit better since i changed that solenoid (inlet manifold air control thing), but its still not right, its not slow but its definetely not very quick. hard to explain, but it just doesnt feel right. now today its decided it wont idle. well, itll do it sometimes, but not all the time. just have to blip the throttle to stop it cutting out, when it was doing it a while ago i got a quick flicker of the k-light again so hopefully a dodgy sensor again. at this rate id be as well just buying all the sensors off the engine and waiting for each one of them to f*** up :rolleyes: whats more annoying is stuff like this will stop me getting on with all the small jobs that i need to do, to actually get the car the way i want it.

ok moaning over, basically, anybody got any ideas, if this could maybe be something simple?

Baz

Is it a 2.0 with Acav system (i'm presuming it is from what you've said?) Or a 1.9?

stuart.m
Is it a 2.0 with Acav system (i'm presuming it is from what you've said?) Or a 1.9?

its the 2.0 yeah.

although, the idling is sorted, i was running ahead of myself looking at sensors and stuff and forgetting to check the basics, the vacuum pipe from the manifold to the ecu had come out, just near the ecu where its pushed into another pipe, cant really see that so it all looked ok at first :P

Sign in to follow this