• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Feeble

Mi16x4 Transfer Box Dipstick

Feeble

Right, we fitted the rocker cover back onto my car, and went to bolt the transfer box dipstick back down, and it was just completely loose. So my dad got under the car and had a quick look and it was completely disconnected!

So we pusd it back in and it all seems solid now, but is there not any sort of proper method for securing these two pipes together? :huh:

Baz

There should be only one pipe? :unsure:

Feeble

It splits at the back of the engine on mine!!! :(

It's like, one pipe, but it's got a join in the middle? Must be for when you take the engine out?

Edited by Feeble

imaS

There is one solid pipe. Secured at rocker cover with one bolt and at transferbox it is just pushed into place. When I removed engine I just took bolt away and pulled dipstick with it's pipe from transferbox.

Feeble

Can't anyone help? :(

Baz

Get a pic if you can, the 'box i have sitting outside is exactly as imaS described, one tube push fitted into it.

Feeble

Ahh, ok that makes sense... But is there no rubber seal to stop any sort of leak? :huh:

imaS

O-ring or similar seal at transferbox end.

Baz

I don't think so, it's just an interference fit, i don't think it'll leak much anyway as it isn't filled up that much, and sits fairly level.

Feeble

Damn, the leak must be coming from else where then :(

Sign in to follow this