• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Mi16 Cold Air Pipe

ryan13961345402285

Hi folks,

I just noticed the pipe that runs from the grille to the bottom of the airbox is missing on my car. Now I can't remember if I took this off myself or if it didn't come on the car at all! (I'm a dumbass)

My question is whether or not there is much chance of hot air being sucked into the airbox without this pipe? Chances of finding one over here in N.Ireland are less than zero ;)

imaS

Yes, it can suck hot air a bit more than with the pipe. My Mi was without that pipe when I bought it, but I didn't notice any difference after installing it. Same part is used in 405 models with XU9J1 XU9J2 XU9J4 XU9JAZ engines (pre-facelift models).

Roland1345402284
Hi folks,

I just noticed the pipe that runs from the grille to the bottom of the airbox is missing on my car.  Now I can't remember if I took this off myself or if it didn't come on the car at all! (I'm a dumbass)

My question is whether or not there is much chance of hot air being sucked into the airbox without this pipe?  Chances of finding one over here in N.Ireland are less than zero ;)

Most of the air that gets sucked in without the pipe fitted will be coming through the radiator and will therefore be warm.

Feeble

Keep an eye on eBay for breaking Mi16's or ask on here, or get some crappy Ripspeed flexy metal tube stuff :P

ryan13961345402285

Cheers guys. I'll hit the scrappy on saturday and see if I can get something

KRISKARRERA

It doesn't make a huge difference but I'd find one and fit it.

At speed cold air will shoot up it from the grille.

Sign in to follow this