• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Feeble

Water Pump

Feeble

Is it hard to change?

I think mine has gone, as all the water poured out of my car the other day... If I put a new pump in (after I find out that this is definitely what it needs) should the car run fine again, or is there a possibility that I have damaged the engine in some way by letting it break in the first place? :(

Jer309GTi

I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you ran the engine with no water in for more than a few seconds, it should be fine. You'll need to change the cambelt when you do it, and the tensioners if you haven't done so recently.

If you're confident at doing the cambelt, I think you should be fine to do the waterpump. It's only a few bolts to remove once the cambelt is off and then it'll come off.

Jer309GTi

I'm not too sure about spanner ratings really :D I suppose if you're confident with the changing of the cambelt, and bleeding the air out of the system afterwards then really one or two spanners? But if you haven't done a cambelt before then maybe a 4?

The eBay link didn't work for me, but Moaquip are ok as far as I'm aware. As long as its not second hand!

Sign in to follow this