• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Feeble

My Speedo Cable

Feeble

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

It's nice and snug the back of the instrument panel, and as far as I know it's fitted ok in the gearbox...

99% of the time it doesn't work... However, since I've bought the car it's worked for 27 miles. Normally when it's cold...

It's a 4bie by the way... Any ideas? :)

KRISKARRERA

Hmm I've no pearls of wisdom to offer but the obvious retification would be to get a new one but they're not available anymore if I remember correctly. I think there was another thread on here about this, something like using a transit van cable I think!

I'm tempted to get a new cable for my car seeing as Pug are slowly taking our parts away from us.

cammmy

I have the same problem, but mine works when i'm driving it harder than normal. I'm quite new to the car ownership scene and have only had my 4bie working for 2 days so I don't even know how to get back there to take a look at the cable!

petert1345402284

X4 speedo cables are nasty things. Often the pinion gear strips in the transfer case. They're easy to remove and replace, but last time I checked they were around AUS$250! I'll look for a picture.

Edited by petert

cammmy

My brothers' an apprentice engineer so he can make gears depending on the size of it. Is it true a diesel transit speedo cable rig can be used?

cammmy
X4 speedo cables are nasty things. Often the pinion gear strips in the transfer case. They're easy to remove and replace, but last time I checked they were around AUS$250! I'll look for a picture.

I can't get the link to open. I'm new to this site, does a moderator have to allow me to do this? can't PM either

KRISKARRERA

I shall PM Admin requesting your staus is upgraded.

Feeble
My brothers' an apprentice engineer so he can make gears depending on the size of it. Is it true a diesel transit speedo cable rig can be used?

I have heard this... Would also like to know if it works! :)

Baz

I've read this also, i think Vicky knows the part that's needed and all the additional info...

Where is Vicky btw... ?? :blink:

cammmy

Cheers Can PM now but cant open those thumbnails, do I need a special program?

Jer309GTi

You using Firefox? You can't view thumbnails as we're only using a trial version of the forum software for the time being. You can open the page in Explorer to view the thumbnails, or save the code that comes up on the screen as a webpage, and change the file to a .jpg. The thumbnail will then be in that file :)

Baz

But where's Vicky...?? :blink::rolleyes::P:lol:

KRISKARRERA

No idea. I know she's had a baby but I've not seen her on msn or PSOOC forum since then.

cammmy

You using Firefox? You can't view thumbnails as we're only using a trial version of the forum software for the time being. You can open the page in Explorer to view the thumbnails, or save the code that comes up on the screen as a webpage, and change the file to a .jpg. The thumbnail will then be in that file :)

Success!!! Cheers

cammmy

Upon inspection it seems that my speedo works most of the time and just cuts out sometimes of its own accord whenever it feels like it. Maybe its like the mechanic said, he turned the cable around to get it to work originally and it might be loose.

Sign in to follow this