• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

Driveshafts Exchangeablity

cybernck

okay, i need to know if the Mi16 and lower-spec 405 driveshafts are the same

(length of the shaft and type of pinions on the hub end) and also if the hub ends

are the same on Mi16 and Mi16x4.

Jer309GTi

The GSF catalogue I have lists 6 different types of 405 driveshaft. Mi16 driveshafts are the same part number as 1.7TD (??), 1.9i and 1.9TD with Bendix ABS. Hope this is of some help.

KRISKARRERA

They're all the same so long as it's a BE gearbox on the car, only difference is when you have ABS.

Guest scottcmb
They're all the same so long as it's a BE gearbox on the car, only difference is when you have ABS.

When i was under my MI16x4 the other week i noticed the drive shaft on my front drivers side had a ABS cog and the rest didnt.....and my car doesnt have ABS at all....so i can only conclude that the previous owner had probably had a drive shaft replaced and they installed a ABS cogged shaft.....does this give any clues?...Scott

cybernck

there are two types of ABS' / cogs, but assuming i get the same type, the rest of the driveshaft is the same? cool :).

Sign in to follow this