• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TonyW

Open Grille For My Mi?

TonyW

Anyone know where i can get hold of one of these please as I'm looking to make a few subtle changes to the front of my Mi and really fancy an open grille.

Something like this would be ideal, as long as it comes with instructions for sorting the bonnet release so i can still get it open! :D

th_91870_6255DSCF0277_med_122_539lo.jpg

Lemans120 - hope you dont mind me using a picture of Lucy as an example! :D

Jer309GTi

Tony, the link doesn't work for me mate. Do you mean a 'Gutmann' type grille like is popular on 205's?

Jer309GTi

Like this grille?

post-89-134540321426_thumb.jpg

TonyW

Yep, thats the one. Was thinking about an open grille with a dark mesh, just wondered how the bonnet release would work with it tho ??

Edited to include thumbnail as I've just noticed how to do it properly!

Edited by TonyW

Jer309GTi
Yep, thats the one. Was thinking about an open grille with a dark mesh, just wondered how the bonnet release would work with it tho ??

Would be worth looking into, I think that would look good. Maybe you could modify a 205 bonnet release to fit, as this is attatched to the bonnet rather than on the top of the grille?

TonyW

I suppose i could just use a small wire with a small toggle on the end thru the mesh, but that might look sh*te so will have to see. Gotta find where to get hold of one first tho!

TonyW

Looked at them but the only one they advertise is apparently only suitable with the Trackstar front bumper? A couple of the other cars have them on but no link to actually buy one?

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=511

Picture 6 shows it best, whats does everyone think? Will it go onto a standard front bumper coz it doesn't look too different to me, except maybe a little chunky at the bottom???

Sejo

Hi,

this is my DIY front grill:

1288_5934.jpg

Jer309GTi
Looked at them but the only one they advertise is apparently only suitable with the Trackstar front bumper? A couple of the other cars have them on but no link to actually buy one?

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=511

Picture 6 shows it best, whats does everyone think? Will it go onto a standard front bumper coz it doesn't look too different to me, except maybe a little chunky at the bottom???

That bodykit doesnt look half bad, as bodykits go :o I even surprised myself by saying that :lol:

I'm sure if you went to a scrapper and picked up a few 405 front grilles you could make one yourself for a fraction of the cost, and you'll be able to design the bonnet release at the same time. Got to be worth a try?

TonyW

Might give it a go, be a bit of a butcher with a hacksaw and see what happens, hmmmm..... :D

Feeble

Keep an eye on eBay. They always used to pop up every now and again... :)

TonyW

Looking everyday! :D

JOHN89MI16

Copy and paste this into your address bar http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/ and when it loads click on the peugeot link on the left hand side, then 405, then bodystyling, then exterior styling and finally click 405 marseille and scroll down to the grille.

I know my description seems long winded but the is no direct link to the grille, sorry.

Ive recently bought 1 and it only cost 49 pounds and it doesnt fit 100% but it will do. The only problem is that the bonnet pull handle doesnt fit into the new grille like the origional grille does but you can just unclip it from the old grille and leave it resting on top of your new grille and it still works fine.

They are located in lichfield just off the a38, so it isnt far from birmingham to drive to and collect.

I hope this is of some help. Also if you want it painted let me know because i work in a bodyshop in birmingham city centre.

Guest badboyracer3500
Anyone know where i can get hold of one of these please as I'm looking to make a few subtle changes to the front of my Mi and really fancy an open grille.

Something like this would be ideal, as long as it comes with instructions for sorting the bonnet release so i can still get it open!  :D

I have this grill and i'm using the original bonnet release.

I will try and find the web site where i bought it and let you know, it was only about £45.

Gavin.

TonyW

JOHN89MI16 :- Looked, seen and planning to go get one, magic! And will probably be in touch with you in regards getting it painted up as well, that'd be great! When you say not 100% tho, is that anything to worry about or does it just need some gentle persuasion to fit properly? The only thing worrying me is the bonnet release pull, but if its still there and out of sight that'd be cool! What bodyshop is it by the way? (chance for a free plug for ya!).

BBR3500 :- Great news too mate, thwe cheaper the better for me! If you can find it that'd be good, otherwise it could be a run up the A38 for me!

SEJO :- Nice job, was that an original grille that you've cut up i take it?

Edited by TonyW

Guest badboyracer3500
JOHN89MI16 :- Looked, seen and planning to go get one, magic! And will probably be in touch with you in regards getting it painted up as well, that'd be great! When you say not 100% tho, is that anything to worry about or does it just need some gentle persuasion to fit properly? The only thing worrying me is the bonnet release pull, but if its still there and out of sight that'd be cool! What bodyshop is it by the way? (chance for a free plug for ya!).

BBR3500 :- Great news too mate, thwe cheaper the better for me! If you can find it that'd be good, otherwise it could be a run up the A38 for me!

The site JOHN89MI16 gave you is the place where i bought mine and its gone up in price. Bare in mind when i ordered mine there was a 10day delivery as they make to order.

Will take pic of how i fixed the original bonnet pull and all should be clear.

Gavin.

Sejo

Hi,

yes that was an original grill. I´ll make some close-up picturesand post them here.

regards

TonyW

Nice one, cheers!

JOHN89MI16

When i painted my grille and fitted it the only concerns i found is that it doesnt come with any fixing holes to bolt it back into the origional holes that go through into the headlight but thats an easy fix because you can just make your own fixing holes through the grille into the fibreglass front panel which are out of sight when the bonnets closed.

Also the gap between the bonnet and the corner of the grille by each headlamp is abit too big (2 finger gap max) but i cant really complain because you have to expect these things if you buy none genuine parts from small retailers plus it was a 5 minute drive 4 me to pick it up because they had the grille in stock.

If your worried about the bonnet pull being visable, mine doesnt show too much.

When i get my digital camera back from my mate i will post some pictures of what it looks like.

If you decide to buy a grille and you want it painting then you can visit my bosses website at www.artmotorbodies.co.uk and all our contact details are there so feel free to phone for a quote when your ready.

Sign in to follow this