• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Amp/sub Fitting Guide

Jer309GTi

I'm fitting a sub and amp to my 405 over this weekend and wondered if it was worth writing up a how-to guide? I've been taking photos as I go just incase.

EDIT- Woohoo 405 posts! (how sad is that? :rolleyes:)

Edited by Jer309GTi

Feeble

Dont do what I did - run the power cable past moving parts! Oops, wore right down to the core and grounded out! :lol:

Edited by Feeble

calvinhorse

yeah go for it! im not a big stereo guy but i am going to amp my speakers with an old amp i have so go for it!

feeble- did the car set on fire or did you catch it before it happened??

pony

Feeble

Well it drained the battery when the car was off... I'd only had the amp in for a day or so, so knew it had to be something to do with that! It blew the fuse, which was really lucky!

Would like to know the best place to run the power cable, though! :P

Jer309GTi
Well it drained the battery when the car was off... I'd only had the amp in for a day or so, so knew it had to be something to do with that! It blew the fuse, which was really lucky!

Would like to know the best place to run the power cable, though! :P

That was very lucky!

I drilled a hole in the bulkhead behind the battery and routed the power cable through there with a rubber grommet, and then poked a small hole in the existing grommet behind the ECU and put the wire through there:

image048bu2.th.jpg

(Again, apologies for the crap photo :rolleyes:)

cybernck

i've relocated my battery to the boot and have to route the cable now, so this is great.

where exactly does it enter the cabin and what's the rest of the route?

thanks.

Jer309GTi

Power cable goes through the bulkhead here:

post-89-13454032133_thumb.jpg

I've run the power leads down the n/s of the car, and the phono leads down the o/s:

post-89-134540321362_thumb.jpg

post-89-134540321395_thumb.jpg

That's as far as I've got so far, will post up more pics as I go :)

GLENF

When running the cable through the car always keep the power leads & phono/signal wires apart, peugeots are renown for feedback through the phonos due to being too close to live feed wire's. The best place for the phonos are down the centre of the car, but that usually means removing seats,centre consoles or carpets.

Jer309GTi

Very true, I have had that problem in the past on my old Volvo 340 (don't laugh!), but I have no feedback issues with my 405 :)

cammmy

If anyone would be good enough to make a complete guide including pics from start to finish including wiring placement and installation, how to wire up speakers, amp(s) head unit etc. I'm sure Many people (including myself) would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

cammmy

Just got all the stuff for my stereo and i'm am completely at a loss. If anyone is still willing to write up a wiring guide for speakers (where the stock cables are and how to gewt them out), head unit, amp (ideal wiring placement) etc I would really really really appreciate it.

Sign in to follow this