• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert1345402284

3 Row Ecu Dyno Comparison

petert1345402284

I've had a 158 3 row ECU on my Mi16x4 for some time. I'd always suspected it had a bit more than usual, so yesterday I went to the dyno. This particular 158 has an interesting history, originating from a Citroen BX16V factory car that raced in the Bathurst 12hr in '92-'93. It has a 7500 rev limit, but other than that I know little about it.

For the test, I used an Mi16 that I've just finished rebuilding. Spec. is 10.8:1 (via decked block) and one of my Stage I inlet cams, in an otherwise stock engine. We did four power runs in total, two first of all with the 161 (001 and 002), then two with the 158 (003 and 004).

The difference is a consistent healthy 2kW at the wheels. In particular, notice how it has that head room over approx. 500rpm. I can only conclude that the 158 must have better ignition mapping, as the richer fuel curve of the 158 would hurt power, not improve it. What you can't see from the full throttle power run, is the extra torque at part throttle.

Sign in to follow this