• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Phase 1 Running Temperatures

Jer309GTi

With normal driving, my temperature gauge sits around a notch over half way, which seems about right to me, but I was stuck in traffic and it went up to the last notch :o and I didn't hear the fans come on.

I haven't had a chance to test the fans yet (weekend job), but was wondering when they should kick in on the temp gauge, and also does the last notch mean it's too hot or will the needle go more to the red circle?

Thanks

Guest badboyracer3500
With normal driving, my temperature gauge sits around a notch over half way, which seems about right to me, but I was stuck in traffic and it went up to the last notch  :o  and I didn't hear the fans come on.

I haven't had a chance to test the fans yet (weekend job), but was wondering when they should kick in on the temp gauge, and also does the last notch mean it's too hot or will the needle go more to the red circle?

Thanks

mine normally kick in between 3/4 to red.

Gavin.

Jer309GTi

Ah ok, definately a problem there then. Thanks Gavin.

Just found my 405 handbook and it shows the last notch is 110C :blink:

Guest badboyracer3500
Ah ok, definately a problem there then. Thanks Gavin.

Just found my 405 handbook and it shows the last notch is 110C  :blink:

to be honest, wouldn't have thought it would get that hot this time of year.

mine only ever get that hot when i go to Cumbria and give my MI a good workout round the hills, usually August time.

Gavin. :rolleyes:

Jer309GTi

It was stuck in traffic, stop-start for around half an hour. As soon as I got moving it dropped down again to normal. Could be an airlock in the cooling system I guess, I'll give it another bleed on the weekend to make sure

petert1345402284

Fans and temp. guage are separate circuits, unrelated and use different sensors.

low speed turns on 98 deg., turns off 93 (on continuously if A/C on)

high speed turns on 102, turns off 97

Jer309GTi

Had a quick look over the rad yesterday, and it's looking a little sorry for itself so that obviously isn't helping matters. Didn't get a chance to test the fan switch yet though.

Its looking likely the switch has broken as I doubt that both fans have packed up at the same time, and going by the temp on the gauge both fans should have been going

petert1345402284

Everything you need should be in the Heating & Ventilation book I sent you.

Sign in to follow this