• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Feeble

Stereo Connector

Feeble

I've got a lead coming out of where my stereo goes that looks like it should be plugged into the back of a computer! :P

Is this lead the connector that goes to the stereo adjusting stalk thingy, or is it for something else?

If it goes to the stalk, what stereo is the best one to use that connects to this plug? :) If there even is one! :P

Jer309GTi

That'll be the multi-changer lead iirc. Got one coming out of mine too

Edited by Jer309GTi

welshpug

the white one is for the stalk, the black one for the CD changer.

Feeble

Oh, I only have the white one, which has 7 pins! Any idea what sort of new cd player would connect onto this? :)

welshpug

nope, whats wrong with the original unit?

Feeble

It's not in the car :P The previous owner lost the code for it or something, and replaced it with a Goodmans tape deck...

Is the stalk any good, or not really worth using? I went to Halfords and they said they can get me an adaptor for certain head units if I wanted for £30... Worth it?

Jer309GTi

I find the stalk bloody annoying. Keep hitting it with my hand when I'm trying to indicate. I suppose it's a handy thing to have, but IMO I'd save the £30 and just stick to reaching your arm out to turn up the volume :)

welshpug
I find the stalk bloody annoying. Keep hitting it with my hand when I'm trying to indicate.

:huh: the stalk is on the other side :wacko: got spades for hands have you :lol:

Jer309GTi

Eh? Did they put them on the other side on Phase 2s? Mine is slightly below the indicator stalk

pug309twin40s

remote stalk for the radio is on the right hand side on phase 2's and im sure it was on phase 1's is well.

left hand side was for the stalk for cruise control on certain models.

Feeble, if you want a standard 405 radio, you can have the radio thats in the 405 M reg glx i willbe scrapping soon. Perfect working order and i have the code for it.

petespug405mi16
remote stalk for the radio is on the right hand side on phase 2's and im sure it was on phase 1's is well.

left hand side was for the stalk for cruise control on certain models.

Feeble, if you want a standard 405 radio, you can have the radio thats in the 405 M reg glx i willbe scrapping soon. Perfect working order and i have the code for it.

phase 1 stalk on the left phase two stalk is on the right

Feeble

Thanks for the offer man, but I would like a CD player in there to be honest! :)

And yeah, my stalk is on the left! :P

Jer309GTi
phase 1 stalk on the left phase two stalk is on the right

Thank god for that, thought I had a strange one-off 405 for a minute there!

pug309twin40s
Thanks for the offer man, but I would like a CD player in there to be honest! :)

And yeah, my stalk is on the left! :P

Ok, Ive got a kenwood cd player with 10disc changerif your interested.

Feeble

Ok, that's tempting... Does it skip or anything, cos that's the reason I need a new one!

What model is it and how much are you after for it? :)

Jer309GTi

I wonder if it would be possible to fit the phase 2 stalk to the phase 1 dash? Has anyone got a pic of the phase 2 dash with the stalk in view?

I've found lots of adapters for around a fiver to fit the phase 2 stalk to my radio, but none for the phase 1. Also the stalk will be out of the way lol

Jer309GTi

This is getting confusing...

Maybe early phase 1's had their stalk on the right, as with phase 2's, and later phase 1's had the stalk on the left?

Kris, your Mi is an 'F' reg, isn't it?

KRISKARRERA

No mine's a G reg and hasn't got the stereo stalk. But my J reg June 1992 registered phase 1 had the stereo stalk and it was on the right.

Feeble

How bizzare, mine's a J 92 and it's on the left! :P

KRISKARRERA
How bizzare, mine's a J 92 and it's on the left! :P

Eww thats wierd init! Any idea on the exact registration date?

Also has yours got aircon and full leathers? According to Parkers guide aircon and leather was a free optional extra from April 1992.

Feeble

It's got the air con, but no leathers... Thank God, I love the normal seats! :P

Jer309GTi

Mine's an early '92 on a J plate. Not sure of exact date as V5 is with the DVLA atm.

I used to think I'd never want leather in my 405, but I'm pleased that I have. Smells lovely, and it's wipe clean ;)

cybernck

i love half leather half alcantara seats - best of both worlds and look very lovely!

just that alcantara is not exactly hard-wearing :(.

KRISKARRERA

Yeah I've noticed that. My dad's GTI6 drivers seat is quite worn.

Sign in to follow this