• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest d4n2ymb

Indonesian 405 Lover

Guest d4n2ymb

Hi, my name is Danny from Indonesia. I'm a Peugeot lovers especialy 405. To bad not all series of 405 sold here. We only have 405 with XU9J2 (carburated and EFI version known as 405 SR and SRI) and XU10J2 (known as 405 STI) engine. I myself drive a silver 1996 405 STI with automatic transmission. Some people here already convert their engine with imported MI16 engine and transmission :)

What I want to accomplish is to make tha XU10J2 runs like the MI16 engine :P (XU9J4 and XU10J4 if I'm not mistaken). Is it possible? Since stock MI16 make approx. 150-160 HP in stock form and the XU10J2 engine make 121 HP in stock form, so I figure increasing 29-39 Hp are not impossible <_<

The problem is, I couldn't find any information regarding tuning an XU10J2 engine.

Can anybody help me? :unsure:

This is what I'm already did to my car : replacing the automatic transmission with 5-speed manual, freeflow exhaust systems, mild porting and polish to intake and exhaust ports, and installed Speedspark system (Indonesian made MSD DIS2 system :D )

Thank you :)

PS. Please excuse my for my English :rolleyes:

cybernck

hello and welcome to out forum!

i reckon the cheapest and easiest way to get 40-50 bhp power increase is to turbocharge the engine.

XU10J2TE exhaust manifold fits straight on your (engine's ;)) head and all the other mods can stay too!

you may need to get better clutch though ;).

if the compression ratio of the engine is 9.2:1 or thereabouts, you don't even need to open the engine,

you can simply put the turbo on and run low boost (0.4-0.5 bars) to achieve what you want.

does your MSD system control just the ignition or the injection too, as you'll need to add more fuel?

here's a story about turbocharging a XU9JAZ engine, using XU10J2TE bits:

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles/e1-gti19turbo1.html

he has achieved a power increase from 120 to about 180 bhp (and lots of torque!) B).

hope this helps :).

Guest d4n2ymb

Thank you for your reply :)

The MSD unit juat controls the ignition duties, it makes multiple sparks (5-1 sparks depending on RPM) and captive discharge ignition.

If I decide to go with a low boost turbocharging, what type of clutch should I use? Right know I use stock replacement from Sachs B)

Sign in to follow this