• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcannon

Ecu Error Code Readers

Guest dcannon

This may be a recuring topic however was unable to find any record of the issue.

Has anyone been able to sucessfully find a scan toll that will work with a 1993 405 Mi16?

Any comments?

Bonez

i got one from halfords for mine

cant remember the name but it was only £19 :)

KRISKARRERA

I don't know anything about the ecu used on the 2 litre Mi but on the 1.9 you can do a lil trick with a bit of wire going to the diagnostic socket and count the number of times to "k" light flashes on the dash.

Guest scottcmb

where is the diagnostic socket located?

Jer309GTi

I bought all the bits to make a reader for my old Motronic 309, I didn't realise the 1.9 Mi used the same diagnostic system. Better get the soldering iron out!

KRISKARRERA

Soldering iron?! I'm pretty sure I only used a couple bits of wire.

Jer309GTi

There was a thread on the 205drivers forum about how to make one. Its got an LED, and a switch in, and you count the number of flashes on the LED. I'll see if I can find it...

Jer309GTi

Found it:

Fault Code Reader (at the bottom of the thread)

Though PeterT's way of doing it seems a lot better/easier

KRISKARRERA

But I just counted the flashes of the K light.

Jer309GTi

Yeah, I didn't know of that method when I needed the fault reader. It was quite a long time ago.

Guest scottcmb
In the black relay box, RH guard. It's green. Pull back the rubber cover, it's the connector with 2 wires going to it.

Here's how to do it:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24847

cheers pete......found it, have done the test and no error codes to report!!......which i thought was really surprising as i have no idea how long ago an actual test was done!!....first up it gave the code 12 then the next code was 11.......i did this a couple of times to make sure i was doing it rite.....wooohooo...thanks guys

Sign in to follow this