• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Lowering Drivers Seat?

Jer309GTi

I've seen on the 205drivers forum there is a guide to lowering the drivers seat and I was wondering if there was any way to do this on a 405. They haven't got the best headroom in the front, and my head touches the headlining sometimes.

Just curious if anyone had done this in the past as I cant be the first person to find a 405's front headroom less than adequate... The obvious answer is to fit a pair of buckets (maybe and option in the future :)) but wondered if anything can be done with the standard subframes.

KRISKARRERA

I've been thinking about this too as I prefer the seat angle when the knob's up. (ahem).

I noticed on my dad's old phase 2 405 the headlining doesn't protrude so much and head room is better.

Jer309GTi

Did that phase 2 have a sunroof? I wouldn't be suprised if its the sunroof that restricts the headroom

Guest Arblist

When i worked at a peugeot dealership in the early 90's, I remember a factory modification to do this very thing. There was a bolt on bar to pull the seat squab down (it did mean stripping the seat however). try a pug spares dept, and look for the older wiser storeman.

Guest badboyracer3500

I've been thinking about this too as I prefer the seat angle when the knob's up. (ahem).

whats the point in lowering the seat subframes and then driving with the seat in its highest position?? :blink:

you might as well leave well alone and drive with the seat down.

Gavin. B)

KRISKARRERA

LOL yes but when the knob is up the seat base is tilted backwards more and I find that more comfortable on the legs.

Jer309GTi
When i worked at a peugeot dealership in the early 90's, I remember a factory modification to do this very thing. There was a bolt on bar to pull the seat squab down (it did mean stripping the seat however). try a pug spares dept, and look for the older wiser storeman.

Nice one, thanks! It would be a shame to have to take out the standard seats as they are really comfy. I'll go down to the main dealers sometime and see if they know anything

Guest badboyracer3500
LOL yes but when the knob is up the seat base is tilted backwards more and I find that more comfortable on the legs.

when i raise both my ph1 and the ph2 i had, they lifted up and forward but not tilt back.

Gavin.

KRISKARRERA

That's odd, mine seems to tilt back slightly as well as move higher.

Sign in to follow this