• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danrogers

Oil Leak..

danrogers

hi, ive had a slight oil leak from the rocker cover gasket i think, its lately gotten alot worse and runs round the back and drips on the exhaust manafold which doesnt smell to pleasant and i guess is a fire hazard lol!

jus enquiring as to the amount or work involved in changing this and wondering if it would be worth repacing anything else?

cheers guys..

Guest serrento405
hi, ive had a slight oil leak from the  i think, its lately gotten alot worse and runs round the back and drips on the exhaust manafold which doesnt smell to pleasant and i guess is a fire hazard lol!

jus enquiring as to the amount or work involved in changing this and wondering if it would be worth repacing anything else?

cheers guys..

easy job to do,would take you about 1/2 hour to do remove all the bolts remove old rocker cover gasket clean the lip fit new gaskit and put all the bolts back in job dun

pug309twin40s

easy job to do.

remove the ht lead cover if fitted,

pull of ht leads, marking which cylinder they go in,

remove rocker cover bolts,

remove rocker cover,

remove old gasket,

clean up rocker cover edge and cly head where the cover sits.

fit new rocker gasket then replace everything.

Its worth also replacing the 4 big o ring seals that sit on the spark plugs holes and the 3 little seal things that sit on underside of the rocker cover.

also before removing the rocker cover, place a rag or something ontop of the exhaust manifold to catch any oil that will pour out the cyl head as theirs usually some sat at the bk when you pull the cover of, due to the angle the engine sits at.

danrogers

cheers for the reply's much apprieciated. wen u say o ring seals what are they exactly and whats the 3 little seal things underside of the rocker cover? jus wondering now so i can get parts ordered etc? thanks again

Jer309GTi

The o-ring seals stop the oil leaking into the spark plug holes. They are like athin rubber doughnuts shape, not sure on the other 3 seals on the rocker cover though

danrogers

guna finally do the job tomorrow, just hope they gave me the right parts!

Sign in to follow this